RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 6th, 2008, 07:31 PM
DaveTTS

This is more a business question than a CommitCRM question, but I'll ask it anyhow since it concerns scheduling inCommitCRM.

Our small IT company has grown to now 4 techs. Recently we have been having issues with the techs (mostly 21yr olds) disputing every job scheduled for them. They complain it's to far, to difficult to do by themselves, they don't know enough about the network, etc... The person doing the scheduling currently is not the techs supervisor. Does anyone see this as the problem? Could it work this way?

The owner of the company tells me that he's going to start doing the scheduling but he's never in the office (always on jobs). I'm just wondering what other small IT service companies are doing out there.

Thanks

February 8th, 2008, 01:40 AM
markies

In our case the owner only goes out to handle complex jobs. He also helps the techs with their assignments (usually remotely).

I think that you should first try to identify what the root cause of the problem is - your techs being "picky", the dispatcher - not scheduling the right call to the right technician, the fact the the dispatcher is not the supervisor or the fact that the owner is too busy with jobs and doesn't spend enough time managing the business...
I believe that after identifying the cause the next action should be obvious.

My 2c.