RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 9th, 2008, 03:22 PM
rodder

I have my customer list on Outlook 2007, under the contacts folder, in a folder called Computer Customers. When I synch with Commit, all the customers show up under Accounts, with (all types) it shows all of them. But if I change it from showing (all types) to (customers) it does not show any in there. What did I do wrong?

Mike

February 11th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Support Team

The Account Type is not synchronized with any field in Outlook, that is why you do not see the Accounts when filtering the list by the "Customer" type.

You can determine the Account Type for all the newly created Accounts using the Account's Batch Update option:
1. When viewing the Accounts list, filter it to show only the Account you wish to modify (you can filter by the Account's creation date, which is the date you imported it from Outlook).
2. When you have the list displaying only the Accounts you wish to modify, go to Accounts > Tools > Batch Update.
3. Select the Accounts: Type field and set "Customer" as the value.
4. Click Start Update.

Note that you can also set a default Account Type for future newly created Accounts. This means that any new Account you create (manually, or via import/sync) will be created with this type automatically. To set a default type, double click the Type field label in the Account's General tab - this will open the Field Settings window. Go to Field Behavior tab and select a value in the Default Value field.

I hope this helps.

Dina