RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 8th, 2008, 11:48 AM
asmbit

Hi,

I have a tech support business who sends me an email when they assign a job to me.
My issue is at times they send me multiple emails of the same job.

I don't want duplicate tickets automatically convert from these duplicate emails.
What can i do to avoid this?

example subject i receive:

{their company name} Job Card Notification {Job number} Order # EMAIL {Job title}

Is there a rule that i can set so that when the email connector read the subject, it can recognize that the email is just another updated email for the same job?

Maybe it could pickup the {Job number} of the email and just add that email into the existing ticket?

Thanks

September 8th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Support Team

Hi asmbit,

this depends on the email format you receive from the other system.

Assuming you are working with RangerMSP's Email Connector automated-emails feature, this allows you to define "skip" rules for incoming automated emails, which contain specific words in the email subject.

If there is a rule that you can set in the other system, so that when the duplicate job emails are sent, they will contain special words, which will indicate that this is a "duplicate" for an existing job, then you can set this phrase in a skip-rule within the Email Connector, and these emails will simply be skipped, and no ticket will be created for them.

I hope you can make the other system send the emails in such a format which will allow to recognize duplicate jobs. You can read more about defining skip rules for the Email Connector here.

Sherry

September 8th, 2008, 01:15 PM
asmbit

unfortunately i can't, it goes into my mail box (google mail) and mark as a new email. so there isn't a way to compare the email & existing jobs from an account?