RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 9th, 2008, 08:38 AM
sapsford

after completing a ticket i email it to the customer

the email includes the footer as per normal which i use for signature, terms and conditions etc

i believe CommitCRM needs a feature to add a header as well

i get emails back from customers who don't fully understand what the ticket email is about

i know i could write some info on each email but time is money and this can be automated

the header in my case would contain something like

================================================

Thank your for using ABC Computer Services.

Your ticket has now been resolved. Please see below for more information.

Please note this is not an invoice or a request for payment. A tax invoice will follow this email within 7 days.

etc etc

================================================== =============

also for new tickets a header is required

thanks for contacting ABC Computer Services.

we will be in touch soon to organise a technician to solve your request.

etc etc

and for jobs in progress

Thank you for using ABC Computer Services.

The progress of your ticket can be seen below

If you have any questions please reply to this email

therefore i believe we should have multiple headers

1) for new tickets

2) for tickets in progress

3) for completed tickets

i believe that 99% of people using CommitCRM are flat chat servicing customers and any automation is greatly appreciated

it keeps our customers informed and reduces unnecessary emails back and phone calls

to make CommitCRM a truly robust application it needs to do as many admin and communication tasks as possible

having to manually add text in outlook is time consuming and inconsistent

copying and pasting from text files is a work around that is unproductive as well

the email connector is on the right track but unfortunately only for new incoming emails going to the correct email address

choice of headers added to all emails going out would be a great addition to Commit

Steve

September 9th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Support Team

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the interesting ideas you have provided here, and for the detailed information on how you would like this to operate. I believe what you need will be covered once we enhance the Alerts Server module to allow sending automatic email alerts to customers as well (it currently sends the alerts to employees only).

the automatic email alerts should allow you to send alerts for any kind of updates (ticket opened, tickets being updated while in progress, completed tickets, and other events) to customers. As mentioned in different threads occasions on this forum, we do plan on providing this kind of functionality, and your input is definitely interesting and will be very helpful when we get to implementing this. Thanks.

Ethan