RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 19th, 2009, 01:55 PM
danhud

I am able to view messages in the Web interface but not able to create. Can you tell me why this is?

January 19th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Support Team

Hi danhud,

Thank you for your question. Message can currently only be sent using the installed client. Allowing to add messages from the Web Interface is a good idea for our users. Thanks for the feedback.

At the moment, when using the Web Interface, you can view new and existing messages from the main Messages tab, or from a specific window - for example, you can view messages which are linked to a specific ticket, from the ticket window in the Web Interface.

Dina

January 19th, 2009, 03:51 PM
FunctionOne

Putting in another vote for web access to messaging!

January 28th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Beth Dixon

I'm also putting in another vote for web access to messaging. Seems to make sense to me that when our technicians receive an interoffice message through CommitCRM that they can simply click on the message and respond to it. This way we would be able to keep track of the ongoing conversation. Otherwise part would be in our Outlook and part would be inCommitCRM. The one benefit I like about CommitCRM is that for the most part it keeps everyone informed and on the same page so to speak. However, not being able to respond to a message through CommitCRM would only allow the techs to see half of the conversation.

Beth Dixon
CSI Power & Environmental Inc.

January 28th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Support Team

Hi Beth,

I've just added you vote for this. Thank you for the feedback.

Bracha

July 15th, 2014, 08:29 PM
thankgod

Digging up and old thread from YR2009 ...

Its now 2014 and I do believe

(a) the web version still does not have the ability to create new messages

(b) the email connector does not email notify the recipient of a new message, he/she needs to log into the client or web version in order to realize that a new message is being sent to him

Why are these 2 of concern?

If one is using CommitCRM as a help desk ticketing mechanism then all details should be in the tickets and granted that the email connector does do a job of updating the ticket manager etc.

But if you are using CommitCRM for Sales and Opportunity management, there is no ticket assigned to the Sales/Opportunity. Communications on the Opportunity is via either History Notes or Messages. Neither of which creates an email notification to the Opportunity manager or message recipient.

Please put in my vote for both (a) and (b). Its been 5 years.

July 16th, 2014, 06:23 AM
Support Team

Regarding messages - we do have that feature request logged but for now you can just read internal messages through the Web Interface, not send them.

As for alerts on a new message - the Email Connector does not "deal" with internal messages and so the notification about new internal message can be seen only in the application. However using Alerts Server module in some cases an email alert about the internal message and its content will be sent to the Account Manager and Ticket manager if the message is linked to a Ticket and/or Account.

Hope this helps.

July 16th, 2014, 07:28 AM
thankgod

(a) thank you for the heads up on the feature request being logged. is there anything that we can do to "quicken" the deployment?

(b) in our use case for Opportunities, these are related to existing Accounts and we have the Alerts Server module enabled but we do not see any email alerts. the link that you provided doesn't seem to state anything with regards to Messages. could it be possible for you to relate a use case for Opportunities messages that do get the email alerts?

July 16th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Support Team

Speed up - no, nothing special, it's all logged.

Alerting - The Account manager (not the Opportunity manager) will get alerts about internal messages in the Opportunity of the account he's a manager of as long as Alerts settings for the Account manager are ON (Tools > Options > Alerts). These alerts are sent on any update for the Account and related records (when message is linked to Opportunity and also to Account).

July 16th, 2014, 04:38 PM
thankgod

noted on the alerting - i will give it a go today and report back. thanks.

July 16th, 2014, 08:02 PM
thankgod

yes - the account manager notification as mentioned works. thanks!

will wait on the news for the creation of messages from the web interface.