RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 19th, 2023, 02:31 PM
partspc

Hi there

I need to login to my server from outside but I am not doing port forwarding , instead I setup Cloudflare for Web access but it seems its not working , cloudflare support does not recognize the Ranger Server Setup I explain its java based but it seems they can not configure , do you have any idea how I can successfully use cloudflare to connect securely to my Ranger Web Server

December 20th, 2023, 06:21 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

First thing to verify, and I assume that this is working well already, is that the Web interface works inside your local network. This is the first step for things to also work when connecting from outside of your network.

In general, the Web Interface is installed either as a Windows service or with Microsoft IIS as a web server.

The 'CRM Web Interface' Windows service, as well as IIS when used, listens to a specific port that is configured in the <installation-folder>\WebInterface\CRMWebInterface.ini file. (Or in IIS in case of using it).

Once an http/s request arrives and reaches the RangerMSP Web interface, it sends back its response.
It does NOT care where the request came from, as long as it received it.

In order for external access to work, you need to make sure a request sent to the Web interface reaches the relevant server behind the scenes.
Normally your router should be configured with port forwarding where traffic that goes to/from port 4961 (That's the default port, the same applies to any port you configured it to work with) will be allowed AND will be forwarded/redirected to the internal IP address of the server that hosts RangerMSP inside your LAN.

For what it is worth, when the Web Interface is configured with IIS as a web server (as explained in this article), it can be also configured with SSL.

Hope this helps.