RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 1st, 2013, 07:50 AM
pops1000uk

Hello can anyone or does someone know if and how you can create a contact us form on your website that opens a ticket to respond to?

So on my website i want

Name
Email
Telephone
Question

Then CommitCRM starts a new ticket with that info? Any ideas?

March 1st, 2013, 08:00 AM
Support Team

you can achieve this using API by Email or Automated Emails - these features are provided by Email Connector that does much more...

You can create Web form to be filled by the customer and will generate email to be converted to Ticket.

Please refer this KB article which also contain XML code samples.

Hope this helps.

March 1st, 2013, 08:45 AM
lpopejoy

pops1000,

What you are saying would be nice... but in a real world will never work, IMO

the reason, is that for CommitCRM to create the ticket, it has to be able to assign it to an account. the only way it can assign it to an account is to have the Account RECID # OR to create a new account. Getting the account # is a little difficult unless you do some fancy checks first with PHP or something. Creating a new account each time someone submits a question is hardly going to be a good solution either, for obvious reasons.

For those reasons, we still just send the form to an email address. Then we use our Outlook Toolbar for CommitCRM to create a ticket for that customer, if we want to.

Let me know if you come up with a better way or if I am missing some functionality!

March 1st, 2013, 02:28 PM
pops1000uk

how much you going to charge to do it ? :-)

March 1st, 2013, 02:46 PM
pops1000uk

HI, I HAD A GO WITH that script an i keep getting this error when submitting the form

You have not filled out all the required fields. Place hit your back button and fill out all the required fields.

even tho its all filled in

March 2nd, 2013, 07:14 AM
lpopejoy

Lol, well... not sure. I didn't intend to imply that it is something that I could do for you - if it were possible, I would be glad to help, but... I'm not sure that there is a way to address all the possibilities effectively. That is, UNLESS, you have users login FIRST. ...and if you do that, then you may as well just have them use the web interface.

Regarding your script... there is probably a varialble that holds all the fields that it is expecting and considered "required"... check to see if you see something like that.

March 2nd, 2013, 08:06 PM
aaspeer

lpopejoy- Do you have the toolbar available for purchase? That is something we would use heavily if we had it.

Thanks,
Austin Speer
Onward IT Consultants

March 3rd, 2013, 07:03 AM
lpopejoy

Austin,

Yes, we do. We've made like ONE sale, so... let's just say it should probably still be considered "beta", but we've been using it internally for nearly a year.

Outlook 2013 not supported yet. x64 Office untested.

You can contact me @ luke@incomservice.net if you would like to test it out.

You can purchase and a screencast at: http://www.incomservice.net/services.php?pg=commit

Thanks,
Luke

March 3rd, 2013, 02:16 PM
Mister-c

That looks pretty damn cool Luke. Does it have any CommitCRM requirements other than the version 5.6 or later? No email connector or database requirements?

March 4th, 2013, 11:42 AM
lpopejoy

Does not require email connector or the CommitCRM SQL version - although I would strongly recommend it.

March 7th, 2013, 04:04 AM
pops1000uk

I would like some one to make a support portal that works with COmmit like kayako
Can anyone do it?