RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 25th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Brian White

We are getting ready to go live with our copy of CommitCRM. One of the issues I have is trying to keep all my customers info inCommitCRM. We are also a retail store front where we sell parts to customers over the counter. I was wondering or curious how some existing users might be working with CommitCRM to do this part of the business. ie running a ticket in CommitCRM for POS transactions.

Secondly are how to handle the Sales tax side. Since the ideal situation is to do everything in CommitCRM if possible when generating invoices for customers. Are most using the tax function in CommitCRM. I don't see any other way to not do this if you invoice from within CommitCRM. And how does that integrate with Quickbooks when it creates a invoice from within CommitCRM.

We are looking to do this as effeciently as possible from the get go and just would like some input from existing users as to what has worked well from them. Thanks!

November 25th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Support Team

Hi Brian,

Thanks for sending in these questions. I would like to give you our answers for these questions, and will also be happy to hear some more input from other users.

I’ve copied the questions for easy reference, and attached relevant answers below. Please review.

We are getting ready to go live with our copy of RangerMSP. One of the issues I have is trying to keep all my customers info inRangerMSP. We are also a retail store front where we sell parts to customers over the counter. I was wondering or curious how some existing users might be working with RangerMSP to do this part of the business. E.g. running a ticket in RangerMSP for POS transactions.

Whenever a customer comes in to your workshop, what I would suggest is the following steps:
1) Create a Ticket for this customer.
2) While adding the ticket you can also create a basic Account (click the '+' sign in the Ticket's Account field) with their name and contact information. This will help you keep proper track of all your walk-in clients.
3) You can add an Asset for this customer (click the '+' near the Asset field in the New Ticket window. Enter the equipment details in this field.
4) Save you changes.
5) Then you can print out a report via the Printer icon in the Ticket window, and include the Asset information (e.g. print the Technician Service Form Including Asset Information report.

Secondly are how to handle the Sales tax side. Since the ideal situation is to do everything in RangerMSP if possible when generating invoices for customers. Are most using the tax function in RangerMSP? I don't see any other way to not do this if you invoice from within RangerMSP. And how does that integrate with QuickBooks when it creates an invoice from within RangerMSP.

The taxes in RangerMSP only effect the information displayed in the RangerMSP system itself, and if a charge is passed to QuickBooks, then the QuickBooks tax settings take effect on the sale. Using the Taxes in RangerMSP is useful in case you want to print Charge reports (like the Technician Service Form Including Taxes) and you want it to show the taxes.

The taxes that are displayed in the QuickBooks invoices are set in QuickBooks itself. The QuickBooks items & accounts tax settings need to be configures correctly in order for QuickBooks to properly state the tax payments.

For more information regarding configuring taxes in RangerMSP, [url=mp=/wiki/Charges#Charging_Using_Taxes]please click here[/urlmp].

Let us know if you have anymore questions.

Regards,

Reno Breen