RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 9th, 2018, 05:18 PM
nextechinc

I'm trying to figure out if there's a best practice for using the API with IIS. I'm tweaking the Python API example, so I can automatically add new hardware assets when we image a machine using FOG. If I give IUSR and IIS_IUSRS access to the whole CommitCRM directory, it works fine. I'm just trying to figure out what the bare minimum is, in regards to permissions, to get this working.

February 12th, 2018, 06:08 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this. Did you refer to a PHP example?
In any case, please share more details with us about how you are trying to use the API over IIS, which components are involved (from your end) as well as what is the error message that you see / or is returned to you, when the user does not have sufficient permissions.
Hopefully with more details we will be able to assist.

February 12th, 2018, 06:16 PM
nextechinc

After a bit of rubber duck debugging, trying to reply to you, I think I figured it out. I basically just created another application pool in IIS for my API, and gave it similar permissions to the one defined in the CommitCRM IIS web interface tutorial.

To answer your question, regarding PHP. I'm using Python, not PHP. I'm just tweaking the Python API example to ultimately grab some POST data from a bash script that will pass data to it using curl. Basically, after the FOG imaging is complete, I'll have a post deployment script that grabs various information about the machine (the data/time it was imaged, etc...), then use that to create a new asset in CommitCRM.

February 13th, 2018, 06:19 AM
Support Team

Interesting. Thank you for sharing.