RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 25th, 2013, 07:33 AM
pops1000uk

Hi guys, I have had and used CommitCRM for the last 5 or so. To be honest I have not really tweaked or added/played with any of the functions. Simply I have not had time to read the vast details available.

What are the best tweaks / Scripts / Forms / Online or any other tweaks you have added to CommitCRM? Are you willing to share them with us so we can use them within our system?

The best I have come up with is; Designing a 23x23 Asset label that i print and stick to each computer. I have also added an online option to the ticket system were as I send a SMS text message to the customer when I either try and call them and get no answer or when i have emailed them.

Also this past week or two, I am converting some of the reports to ipad so customers can sign when I drop off a computer etc.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

July 25th, 2013, 07:46 AM
BDTECHRob

Pops I have heavily customised my system, I have added extra tabs to the tickets window allowing all commonly used feilds to exist on one tab, I have added extra tabs under the client account to store all details to do with my clients like admin passwords, remote IP address etc.. I have addeded feilds to store data like how much I charge them for helpdesk access and how many agreed hours a month they use. I to use iPads to capture signatures from clients on site, I have 50 technicians doing this every day, I find the free iPad app sign now is very good for this, when they capture the signature they send the signed doc back to our helpdesk email address with the ticket number in the subject and it is permanently attached to the ticket for all time. I also use interlink, mainly for the dashboard, SLA rules and customer satisfaction survey. My latest endeavour is linking Quilkview reporting into the CommitCRM database which is coming along nicely I am starting to get some awesome reporting out of this

July 25th, 2013, 08:21 AM
pops1000uk

Sounds great! Want to share some ideas? I like the sending the signed doc back option, first.. Do you just create a rule within the settings?? what is the text>?

Where do you find the time :-)

July 25th, 2013, 08:51 AM
lpopejoy

Do you use the personal edition of quilkview reporting?

July 25th, 2013, 01:41 PM
BDTECHRob

Pops with the email I just use the ticket threading feature so all you need to do is send an email with your CommitCRM email address in the bcc feild and the ticket number in the subject.
When CommitCRM receives the email it will update and attach to the ticket.

Lpopejoy I am using the full version of Quilkview however I will admit I'm cheating a little on this one as I have a developer working on it as it is plugged into my finance package ICE, commitcrm, my shortel contact Center phone system and the interlink database.
Currently I have developed staff productivity reports that shows time billed each day by staff, which I can drill down all the way to each ticket and view details straight from Quilkview.
The aim is to be able to drill even further to show all call times associated to each ticket and if the customer was satisfied at the end of it all through the interlink client satisfaction survey or my customer survey I have in the ShoreTel phone system

July 25th, 2013, 02:12 PM
pops1000uk

BDTECHRob which options are these settings?

July 25th, 2013, 02:51 PM
BDTECHRob

It's the default behaviour of the email connector, just create a ticket and send an email to your mail connector with the ticket number in the subject line

July 26th, 2013, 03:27 AM
pops1000uk

i did, but it didnt work.

July 26th, 2013, 03:53 AM
BDTECHRob

Your system must be miss configured I suggest you go back through the tutorial on configuring the email connector

July 26th, 2013, 04:12 AM
BDTECHRob

That brings me to a question for CommitCRM support, is it possible to html link to a ticket from another application? What I want to do is in my reporting dashboard add links from my report that will open the related tickets I the CommitCRM Web interface.

July 26th, 2013, 04:16 AM
lpopejoy

I'm so glad someone besides me is asking for this! :) no, it isn't possible - unless you want to link to the web interface. I've been wanting a protocol handler registered by CommitCRM that allows you to open the CommitCRM application (fat client) on the local workstation to various screens. Something like: commitcrm://ticketrecid=x

Anyway so far, other things have taken priority - but I'm glad there's more than just me looking for it. :)

July 26th, 2013, 04:32 AM
BDTECHRob

I'm happy to open the Web interface, is it as simple as adding the ticket number to the url string?

July 26th, 2013, 04:47 AM
lpopejoy

URL string to do that is: https://your URL and port:4500/?cmtAction=View&cmtRecId=[insert record recid here]

July 26th, 2013, 04:51 AM
BDTECHRob

Great thanks for that

July 27th, 2013, 05:49 AM
pops1000uk

How you mean miss configured? Customers emails to support@ work ok, Do i need to turn on auto detection?

July 27th, 2013, 05:51 AM
BDTECHRob

Do your support emails get automatically converted to tickets?

July 27th, 2013, 01:37 PM
pops1000uk

yes without any problems.

August 5th, 2013, 01:42 AM
kortezubi

This doesn't work for me either. I can get new tickets created by sending an email to support@ but when I send an email to bcc support@ with subject: [TKT-0500-2261] I get an error bounce back stating:

Reason:
CommitCRM Email Connector could not determine for which Account this email message is related to because the Sender Email address of the email is defined for more than one Account (see details below). Verify that only one Account holds this Sender Email address.

Any ideas?

August 5th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this. Each Email address must only be set for a single Account or Contact or Employee, otherwise it will confuse the Email Connector. So just check that your email address is listed under your Employee record only.

BDTechRob, thank you for sharing your experience and useful tips with our community. Indeed, when employee is sending an email and Public Email Address is Cc'd or Bcc'd, the email is only filed under the Ticket and is not distributed to Ticket Recipients.

August 6th, 2013, 12:42 PM
pops1000uk

i can only get this to work by sending it to the "TO" Field. CC or BCC dont work for me either?

August 6th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Support Team

What are you trying to achieve with Cc or Bcc? When an identified employee (by their email address) is Cc'ing or Bcc'ing the email connector the email gets filed under the ticket but it is not distributed to the customer (e.g. External Recipients).

August 6th, 2013, 02:25 PM
pops1000uk

yes I send my signed disclaimers to CC or BCC with the ticket number in the subject. The document does not store under the account. If i send it to the TO filed it does save under the ticket

August 7th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Support Team

This could be due to a rule you have defined for Automated Emails using your email address which is interfering with the expected email handling procedure. Another thing to check is the Manual Processing and Error Handling Email Address which is defined in the Email Connector.