RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

June 4th, 2014, 11:19 AM
I-Netcs

Hi Guy's you know i'm a long time user and love your product.

2014 is here mobility is the key to modern service business's. I know there is a 3rd party product to have some mobile useability.

How about a full down app, that allows us to pull up history, capture signatures on e- work orders?

iPad, Android and Surface compatibility?

June 4th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Support Team

Thanks, yes, mobility options are definitely important and as you know well, RangerMSP does include some options for that, starting with the more mobile-friendly interface for the Web interface, as well as the ability to reply to tickets by email using your mobile Web client. In any case, that's not our last word here and we do plan to keep offering enhancements in this direction. Thank you for asking!

January 14th, 2015, 11:42 AM
gcstech

Any action on the mobile front? It's been 6 months since the last post here and we don't see any action. We need an app that is much more useable than the very limited web interface.

January 14th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Support Team

We are actively working on enhancing the experience when accessing using mobile devices and it will be included in our next version (2-3 months down the road).

Thanks for asking.

February 3rd, 2016, 10:14 AM
njsent

Any update on a mobile solution?
I think many existing CommitCRM user would like to see a native iOS, Android, and Windows 10 app.

February 3rd, 2016, 10:27 AM
Support Team

Thanks for asking. As you know, since this thread has started we've introduced a Responsive Web Interface that is mobile friendly. We are and will be enhancing it further with each new release aiming at fewer clicks and a sleekier experience. When it comes to native apps, we have it on our list and evaluate it regularly. RangerMSP is a large system and implementing it for mobile devices (Android, iOS, and Windows 10) is challenging from many different angles. Thanks for your feedback and for asking.

March 21st, 2016, 08:28 AM
gcstech

It seems it can be done as interlink from DSG DevStudio has what appears be a rather nice mobile for Commit. Perhaps you should just license it from them.

March 21st, 2016, 09:10 AM
Support Team

Thanks for suggesting. DSG used an entirely different platform, based it on a separate database, and what's not. We like the idea though it is probably not practical. Thanks!

March 22nd, 2016, 10:27 AM
Stanley Ng

I had bad experience with Interlink, they seldom or never update their products.

March 23rd, 2016, 02:33 PM
racassel

My mobile interface is slow. Have 25X25 connection, Quad-core Xeon and 15K drives, still it is sometimes 3-5 seconds between these tiny screen changes. Anyone else have the same problem or do I need to work on my own stuff :)

March 24th, 2016, 06:05 AM
Support Team

Do you refer to using RangerMSP from a remote PC connected to your server over VPN? Or do you refer to the Web interface? With VPN some delays might occur when there's latency issues as well as there's a high volume of network traffic to/from your local remote PC and the remote server. In that case try RDP-ing to your server, everything would probably work faster. In case you refer to the Web portal, do you see it as a result of specific actions that you perform?

March 24th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Kevin@multi.co.za

Hi, I use CommitCRM Client remotely with terminal services and it is great. speed is Comparable to been at the office and on a 10/10 connection.