RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 25th, 2016, 11:43 AM
AveryGibbs

So the following is the situation, which i need a solution:

I have a ticket open for a customer from last week (or month), they called again this morning and now i have another ticket open for a completely separate issue.

That's 2 tickets for the same customer.

I then go onsite and i complete both jobs.

I come back to the office and i resolve and charge BOTH tickets. I then close BOTH tickets

CommitCRM sees this as 1 invoice to batch to QB

So when QB gets these invoices it prints them all on 1 sheet of paper. I want my customer to get each ticket as a separate invoice.

Is their a way to make CommitCRM send them over as 2 separate invoices to CommitCRM? This would make billing a lot easier for us. I looked through the settings and through the online support documentation but i saw nothing. Thank you.

March 25th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Support Team

Sure, when invoicing, or batch-invoicing, you select the level you want to invoice at.
Invoicing at the customer Account level will result in all charges included in a single invoice (just like you described above).
Or, you can invoice a the contract level to include all Charges logged under a Contract...
And - you can select to invoice at the Ticket level.
Invoicing at the Ticket level is probably what you're after. It means that a separate invoice will be generated for each Ticket.

You select invoicing level at the first step while manually invoicing or batch invoicing to QuickBooks.

Hope this helps.

March 25th, 2016, 12:16 PM
AveryGibbs

I had discovered what you postes RIGHt before i read your replay. I do appreciate it. Is their a way for the button at the top of (for example) the accounts page. The QB button (the little green on) to default to ticket mode, this is the one the secretary uses to bill, and the less retraining the better. It right now defaults to Account, yes i know i can hit the back button to change it.....but i don't want to retrain...

Last edited by Support Team : March 25th, 2016 at 12:24 PM.

March 25th, 2016, 12:24 PM
Support Team

Invoicing from the Accounts window assumes that you want to invoice at the Account level, but - if you'll use the same button from the Tickets window then you'll invoice at the ticket level directly. Besides, you can use File > New > QuickBooks Invoice... option and then select the level to invoice at - then - you'll see all open balances at that level (like all tickets with unbilled Charges, etc.).

Hope this helps.

March 29th, 2016, 12:29 PM
AN-Tech

On the inverse side of this. Is there a way to do kind of the opposite with batch invoicing? Some of our clients have multiple contracts that we would like to have on one invoice. Currently have have to skip these when we do our batch invoicing for contracts. Then go back and manually do an invoice one at a time for each customer selecting the charge items related to the multiple contacts.

March 29th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Support Team

It seems like you want to invoice these customers at the Account level, isn't it? If so you can invoice them at the account level and then batch invoice contracts. As the Billable charges for such customers will already be marked as Billed they won't be included/listed when batch invoicing at the contract level.

Hope this helps.

March 29th, 2016, 01:20 PM
AN-Tech

It would actually be preferred to have an option in the batch invoice contract feature to merge multiple contracts to a single invoice. That way we just have to do a single batch invoice to get all invoices billed.

If we do it at the account level we end up having an invoice with all unbilled charges for the account. When renewing/billing contracts we only want an invoice related to the contract(s).

March 29th, 2016, 01:30 PM
Support Team

Thanks! Suggestion noted.