RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 30th, 2016, 02:49 PM
awittke

We just encountered a problem today where a user was adding new contacts into CommitCRM, however when adding the contacts he was choosing "New Employee" from the drop down menu. His permissions were limited to "Partial" group. Why would any other group other then "Sys-Admin" be allowed to add "Employees / Users" to CommitCRM. I need to limit this so only "Sys-Admin's" can add employees. How do I accomplish this?

Also CommitCRM will not allow you to delete an "Employee" record. I now have a group of Employees that should be contacts and I cannot move them to a contact.

March 31st, 2016, 06:02 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this. Indeed a user with full permissions for Accounts can add new employee records, though only SysAdmins can create user credentials and set a privileges group to such an employee record. Employee records cannot be deleted for audit reasons, what you should do instead is to mark these employees as inactive (under the Employee tab) and you may also want to rename them so their name won't conflict with real contact names, you can rename to something like 'for future use'. Thanks for asking and we've already taken some notes here.

Hope this helps.

March 31st, 2016, 08:55 AM
awittke

Are you saying that there is no way to limit the creation of employee records? And any user can create them? Please fix this, this is a problem.

March 31st, 2016, 09:01 AM
Support Team

Anyone with a privilege to add Accounts and Contacts can add Employees as Employees Accounts basically Accounts. And, such users cannot convert such employee Accounts into Users unless they are SysAdmins. In any case, we've already taken some notes based on your original post. Thanks!