RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

August 21st, 2013, 07:39 PM
tmenasco

I created this "online service" years ago and just realized that no one had ever posted one with directions.

This "online service" uses a hard coded "office" address as the "starting point" and uses the address of the client as the "destination".

Just change our address, 100 East 15th Street, Edmond, OK, 73013, to your office's address.

If you have multiple locations, just create one for each as the "starting point" and name them accordingly.

August 22nd, 2013, 06:14 AM
Support Team

Another way to do a similar thing is instead of hard coding the office address, to use the Employee Account address of the currently logged in User.

Hope it helps.

January 28th, 2014, 02:03 PM
maxtowns

Am I missing something or the Template is not here?

January 29th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Support Team

You are correct, the attachment is missing.. perhaps the original poster removed it or forgot to upload at the time. There are some examples using maps on our wiki here.

You could use something like this which takes the Employee Account address of the currently logged in User in RangerMSP as the starting point for the route and the customer address as the destination

saddr=<CMTLBLDATA_FLDGENCURUSER_FLDCRDADDRESS1>,<C MTLBLDATA_FLDGENCURUSER_FLDCRDCITY>, <CMTLBLDATA_FLDGENCURUSER_FLDCRDSTATE>&daddr=<CMTL BLDATA_FLDTKTCARDID_FLDCRDADDRESS1>, <CMTLBLDATA_FLDTKTCARDID_FLDCRDCITY>, <CMTLBLDATA_FLDTKTCARDID_FLDCRDSTATE>

(Update from RangerMSP Team: the GoogleŽ Maps and AppleŽ Maps were embedded in various places within the client app and the Web app in RangerMSP 18.)

January 31st, 2014, 01:51 PM
maxtowns

muchos gracias! will give it a go :)

February 1st, 2014, 10:40 AM
maxtowns

The above when run gave me an error along the lines that none of the CARDID fields could be found

messed around a bit and came up with this

Base URL:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/preview/dir/

URL Parameters:
<CMTLBLDATA_FLDGENCURUSER_FLDCRDZIP>/<CMTLBLDATA_FLDCRDZIP>

Which seems to work just fine - unfortunately as we are not office based the starting point would be much better if it could get the users current location but I think that is going to be a challenge too far...?

At least understand more about these templates and this might come in useful from time to time

thanks!

February 3rd, 2014, 06:05 AM
Support Team

There are some spaces in the above example that should not be there, perhaps they caused the error you saw.

But you are right, it would be a challenge too far for using the current location as the start point.

February 3rd, 2014, 05:36 PM
maxtowns

Yup thought so/would obviously be great/very useful but difficult

It just didn't seem to like any of the three (I think it is) CARID fields - couldn't find them...

Anyway very simple expression works well and can no doubt be extended to inlude street name etc but post (aka zip) code does the job perfectly for us

Many thanks for your help