RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 27th, 2007, 04:58 PM
BobShoe

Is there any way to have the synch automated? It appears that it only works if a user launches the utility, and doesn't synch if everyone is logged out.

November 28th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Support Team

The Outlook sync can be automated only when you are logged in toRangerMSP. You can use the Tools > Synchronize Outlook > Auto sync option to set the system to automatically synchronize every X period of time.

If you wish to have the Auto Sync active when you are out of the office, you can leave an active session of RangerMSP on one of your PCs so it will perform the Auto Sync.

Thank you for the feedback, as I see how this can be helpful, I logged this into our system for further consideration.

Dina

January 20th, 2008, 05:32 PM
camelon

I am just adding a bit more weight to this feature. We have a centralised helpdesk and our Engineers in the field use Blackberry's.
Our Engineers often need to rescheduled appointments or adjust a start or finish time. They do this by using the blackberry calendar which is an instant sync with their respective Outlook Calendar, which is visible to our helpdesk (dispatcher).

Leaving a session open for the sole purpose of facilitating an outlook is not practical.

The feature of real-time sync with outlook calendars would be an excellent addition to future releases

January 21st, 2008, 02:15 AM
Support Team

Leaving the session open for automatic Outlook sync is one option, however, as you already have a helpdesk dispatcher person, you can also use the Sync Other Users Data option, which allows a single user to synchronize Outlook for any other users. When activated, ALL updates done by your technicians using blackberry's will be synced into RangerMSP (in other words, no need to leave sessions open). You can read more about how to enable this here. This will allow the dispatcher to synchronize other users data on demand.

In any case, thanks for the feedback regarding the automated live sync, we will consider enhancing the automation here.

Neta

January 21st, 2008, 07:14 PM
BobShoe

When you setup autosynch can it be made to work in the background? The workstation is unusable while synching is happening.

Isn't there any way to make synch happen on the server?

How do you troubleshoot errors? I frequently get the error "could not find the outlook folder" I have "publishing editor rights to all of the mailboxes. What am I doing wrong? How do I find out which folders cannot be found?

January 22nd, 2008, 12:33 AM
Support Team

RangerMSP Outlook Sync works from the client side, though it can sync with both local Outlook files or with an Exchange server that stores your data.
In general, if you set it to autosync frequently then it performs a fast sync that only transfers updates (unless something is not set correctly). Anyway, we may sync on the server side in the future.

As for the troubleshooting - I believe you are referring to the "Sync Other Users Data" option. In order for users to be able to perform the sync for others, they must have full access rights privileges to the Outlook folder of the user they are trying to perform the sync for in the Exchange server. Note that this feature will work only with Exchange server.
From our experience, the vast majority of such issues are related to insufficient privileges to the other users Exchange folders.

When you face such an issue again, the best way to test everything is set correctly is to open the other users Outlook folders in your current Outlook and make sure you can view and edit (add/update/delete appointments, tasks etc.) records in these folders. When you can view and modify the "other user's" Outlook folder as if it were your own folder (while in Outlook) it should sync well withRangerMSP.

Also make sure that each user has set the Outlook settings to allow other employees to sync data for you for this folder (the check box on the bottom of the settings Tools > Options > Outlook ).

If the issue is not resolved please contact us with your log files (using the Help menu in RangerMSP) so we'll try to analyze what is causing the problem in the system you have installed.

I hope this helps.

Eitan

March 21st, 2008, 03:22 PM
computerphysicians

We are currently on a trial and loving CommitCRM CRM.

I would like to add that I think an automated CommitCRM - Exchange sync for all users whether logged in or not would be the biggest single addition to this great program. There are many times that we are all out of the office and working virtually!

Shawn - Computer Physicians Inc.

March 22nd, 2008, 04:03 AM
novacomputersolutions

I actually came here today for the purpose of opening a thread on this very issue after realizing that I couldn't simply setup the outlook to sync from the server-side. So, I'd like to add in my support of having something changed with this so it will work regardless of if someone is signed in or not.