RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 7th, 2008, 07:06 PM
rodder

I would like to know if I can setup the appointment book (calendar in outlook) to show the accounts name instead of the description of the problem.

ie, if i setup a new ticket, and put it "printer repair" is shows on the calendar as printer repair, i would like it to show the account name instead. I know I can add that to it, but I just want it to show the account name only.

Thanks

Mike

February 7th, 2008, 09:23 PM
brills

Good point, was just thinking this today. To take this request a step further we need to know where the appointment takes place, we typically format this in Outlook the following way:

Example 1:

Subject: Client name (Joe)

So currently in CommitCRM we just delete the description and format like below so that it appears in Outlook correctly.

Client name (Joe)
Remote

Example 2:

Subject: Client name (Bob)

Client name Bob
Portland

Where the name in parentheses is the person within the client that appointment is with. The location let's us know how much drive time we should anticipate, 'remote' indicates it's an in-office appoint via remote support tools.

I would think this could be acheived in the dispatcher module by pulling from the ticket fields.

February 8th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Support Team

You can easily add the Account details, including name/address/phones, to each Appointment by clicking on the arrow button found near the Account data field in the Appointment details window.

You can also set the system to always automatically add these details to new Appointments. Go to Tools > Options > Calendar and select the "Attach Account Details to Description" option (bottom left).

At this stage though you cannot control the order of the information being copied so you may need to edit it manually. I will log a request for this so in cases where you'll want to have the Account name first you'll be able to do so. Thanks for the feedback.

Dina

February 8th, 2008, 10:53 AM
rodder

Dina,

Thanks, that would be great if you could ever change that.

Mike

April 2nd, 2008, 07:08 AM
computerphysicians

It would also be nice to get the ticket number i the Outlook appointments

Shawn

April 2nd, 2008, 09:16 AM
Support Team

When creating an appointment out of a Ticket, the Ticket description is automatically copied to the Appointment description. I see how having the Ticket number as well can be helpful, and I logged this for further consideration. Thanks for the feedback.

Dina