RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 15th, 2008, 05:49 PM
novacomputersolutions

Is there a way to enable support for Remote Desktop to work withCommitCRM? I've had several instances so far where I need to make a change on the server side while out of the office, but can't because I can't open CommitCRM in the RDP session.

Is there any way to reach and control the server remotely?

March 16th, 2008, 07:37 AM
brills

We have been using Remote Desktop and opening CommitCRM since we purchased the product over a year ago, you should just RDP and open it and all will be fine.

March 16th, 2008, 07:46 AM
novacomputersolutions

When I try to open CommitCRM while connected via an RDP session, I receive a dialogue box saying CommitCRM is not supported in a Remote Desktop or Citrix session.

March 16th, 2008, 08:03 AM
novacomputersolutions

I stand corrected, I looked again and the message says I have to contact support for how to allow the CommitCRM application to run in a RDP or Citrix session. I'll send them an email now.

March 16th, 2008, 11:18 AM
brills

I stand corrected, I remember them emailing a file that was saved to the CommitCRM server. Just e-mail Support @ and they'll assist.

March 16th, 2008, 11:29 AM
rkniffin

My understanding is you need to have the Advantage SQL Server to be able to use RDP with CommitCRM.

March 16th, 2008, 12:00 PM
novacomputersolutions

Thanks for the update RKniffin. Do you know of any other advantages provided by using SQL Server?

March 16th, 2008, 06:27 PM
rkniffin

This link on their website sums it up pretty well:

SQL Database

No difference in functionality, but I believe it offers better performance and reliability. The best analogy I can use is MS Access vs MS SQL as a backend for a database.

I don't remember the exact cost, but it was worth it to me.