RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 15th, 2008, 04:19 PM
novacomputersolutions

Okay, I was looking through the web today and came across a site that I believe address my most desirable functions for CommitCRM as it relates to our techs outside the office. This is the most complete feature description I can think of as far as features I would love to see intergrated intoCommitCRM. Please feel free to chime in with your thoughts:

http://www.connectwise.com/products/..._mobile_2.aspx

Thanks,

Gerald

March 17th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Support Team

Hi Gerald,

RangerMSP provides few solutions for working with PDAs.

1. Working Online - RangerMSP allows you to work remotely from your PDA using the RangerMSP Web Interface. You can usually use the Web interface from PDA's with Internet access which have the Opera web browser installed (available for download on Opera's web site, make sure you test it with your PDA). This allows you to remotely connect to the database and perform all the actions which are supported by the Web Interface - add and update Tickets, view and update Account information, Appointments, Tasks, add and update Charges and Assets records and more.

We are currently working on optimizing the Web Interface and make it even more suitable to PDAs in one of our next releases.

2. Working Offline - Using RangerMSP Outlook-Sync with your PDA allows you to view and update Appointments, Tasks and Contacts information also when working offline (no Internet connection). You can then sync your PDA with Outlook and back to RangerMSP, so all you updates which were preformed when working offline on your mobile device are transferred toRangerMSP.

In addition, after transferring the data to RangerMSP, you can also perform various actions based on the Tasks and Appointments, which basically help you streamline your work. Each Appointment or Task you enter into your PDA while on site, can be easily transferred into Ticket and Charges, so you do not miss any work performed, and capture all of your billable time and job opportunities.

For example:

* New Tickets - you can right-click an Appointment/Task and select to create a New Ticket from it. This will automatically link the Ticket to the relevant Account and Contract, will copy the description into the Ticket description and in two click you have the Ticket ready.
* New Charges - you can right-click the Appointment/Task and select to create new Charge from it. This will automatically link the Charge to the relevant Account and Contract, will copy the description and for appointments, and the start-end time will be copied from Appointment as the Charge time. All you need to do now is select the Item and save the Charge.
* More - you have various other actions which you can perform such as New History Note, New message, etc.

In any case, this is good feedback and although we do provide some strong tools and capabilities for working with your PDAs, we do plan to enhance this even more in future releases.

Sherry