RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 29th, 2008, 06:39 AM
novacomputersolutions

We are fairly new to CommitCRM and would like to bring up a couple topics to get some feedback from other users as well asCommitCRM.

Topic 1: Global versus Local Account changes

Is it possible to get a document describing which changes are controlled on a per user basis and which ones are applied globally? As the CommitCRM manager for my office I am often left trying to figure out which changes I can just make on the server and which ones I need to make per user.

Topic 2: Central Control versus Per Account Control

I am seeing a trend to have settings controlled on a per user basis versus global control. This is an increasing problem since we would like to control how our technician work and not leave it up to them to decide if they want to get messages, alerts, or sync their outlook. It's nice to know those options are available, but they should be delegated and not by-design.

The point of using a central tool is to control the workflow our our team/office. If we then turn around and allow each person to make many of the decision, we loose that control and the benefits of designing a solid workflow.

March 31st, 2008, 06:45 AM
Support Team

Thank you for the feedback.

In general, most of the Tools > Options are per-user, and each user can modify them. Some should be set only once as they are system-level settings. These options are available only to Sys Admin users, such as setting the QuickBooks company file for the QuickBooks Link.

The idea for some of the options is to let each user design their own display and utilize the system as they wish, other options are simply user-oriented by definition, such as which Outlook folder to synchronize with.

I see how allowing a system administrator decide on the options in order to enforce your work-flow can help, and I logged this into our system to be further considered. Thanks.

Eitan