RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

June 4th, 2010, 01:03 PM
BillBee

I would like to have my items addressed here with either a link to the corresponding topic or detailed instructions on how to:

1: I would like to run reports for the following items:
*incidents per day
*clients served per day, per week
*services billed for (remote, on site, preventative maintenance)
*problem types requested by customer (hardware, mobile device, application, email, new user set up)

2: I would like to set up the web interface for our clients so all they can do is just log a service request to our desk and check the dispatch status; as well as be able to add or update the ticket request. No other access would be needed on their behalf, but the user should be able to log in under the company name requesting the service, type in their user information (ultimately updating the contacts section for each new entry under the company name).

3: We would like to use the email functionality but realized the burden it will cause both the Tech Support team and the requestor as multiple requests will get multiple tickets, where as in our current environment once the client makes a request if they have follow on work we are just updating one ticket but billing for mulitple services and hours in one ticket. If we choose to use the email connector we will essentialy be doubling our ticket volume, administrative time and loading up the customer's in box with acknowledgements and new tickets. Your suggestions here would be most helpful.

Thank you.

BillBee

June 7th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Support Team

Hi BillBee,

1. You have several options here and I'm also not sure exactly how you wish to see these items so here're some ideas:
* Print any of the Tickets reports and filter its data to display only tickets opened today/this week/this month.
* Print the "Ticket List By Type" report to display tickets grouped by the Type of issue (hardware, mobile, email, etc.)
* Print any Ticket Charge report to categorized the work performed by the the type of service (Labor Item select for the Charge).
* Export your Tickets data into Excel and analyze it there as needed.

2. You can set up what Customer Web Users can and cannot do when logging into the Customers Web Portal in the following windows: Tools > Options > Web Interface tab.

3. RangerMSP Email Connector automatically identifies all email messages related to the same ticket and does not open new service tickets. The way this is implemented is that when a customer first send an email and reports about a problem a new Ticket is opened, the customer then automatically receives an email with the Ticket number etc. Whenever they reply to this email to follow up or provide more information the system knows to which ticket their reply is related to (the Ticket Number is in the Subject) and the email is filed under the existing ticket.
Also, whenever employees reply by email to the customer their replied is filed and appears under the Ticket History, as well as any reply the customer will send to their email.
I recommend that you read this to learn more about how to manage and track support by email.

Dina

June 7th, 2010, 07:16 AM
BillBee

Dina - you rock. I wil give these all a try and get back to you.

Bill

June 7th, 2010, 10:48 AM
BillBee

Email notifications - I would like to set up e-mail notifications so that when my customers buy blocks of time for service; and after I have inputted those blocks into the block of time section of the contracts tab, that when a threshold of 6 hours is left on their contract I can get a notification that alerts me and I can follow up with my clients to purchase additional blocks of time.

Thank You.

June 7th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Support Team

Bill,

This is an interesting idea. I'll log it as a feature request. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Sherry

August 6th, 2010, 06:49 PM
mundycomputers

I agree that would make block hours a lot more useful.