RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 30th, 2008, 08:53 AM
ajgyomber

I am currently evaluating CommitCRM and find that having the City field as a drop-down rather than a text entry box a real issue when using the web interface. If I plan on entering an account, that field really needs to be a text entry field rather than a drop-down list of values. Please consider changing this for the next release.

December 1st, 2008, 06:39 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thank you for your question. As you mentioned, when using the client application you can edit the City values in the list (using the Edit List... option), and add all the cities you need, so they will be available for selection when using the application or the Web Interface. At the moment, the Web Interface requires that you have the value in the list in order to use it.

Adding new values to the list via the Edit List.. option is very easy, and what you can do insert the cities you work with to the list in advance, so they will be available for you when working via the Web Interface. I see how providing this flexibility via the Web Interface as well can be useful, and we appreciate your input on that.

Dina

December 1st, 2008, 07:12 PM
ajgyomber

My state has 566 municipalities. How do I import them into the city list?

December 2nd, 2008, 06:12 AM
Support Team

I see what you mean... Well, I'm not sure whether we can help with this, however, I suggest that you contact us directly at Support @ with all the details of what you need, what kind of input you plan on using for the cities list and in which format it is stored, and we will check internally how we can help in this case.

Ethan

January 3rd, 2009, 10:20 PM
John Greenfield

I have the same problem here in Australia. We would have hundreds, if not thousands of cities.

January 5th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Support Team

Hi John,

If you have a list of the cities you wish to have in the system, we may be able to help. You can send us all the details of what you need, what kind of input you plan on using for the cities list and in which format it is stored, and we will check internally how we can help in this case. Send all the info to Support @ .

Sherry

February 5th, 2009, 08:58 AM
TMiller

I just wanted to comment that this topic is a big issue for us in Viriginia. Our terrority actually covers the whole state of Virginia and the southern portion of West Virginia. I will be e-mailing support asking for a resolution.

February 9th, 2009, 02:19 PM
ajgyomber

This problem bit me when I was at a customer location and realized that there was a typo in the city field. I had no way of changing it through the web interface.

February 14th, 2009, 04:03 AM
ajgyomber

I got burned by this again yesterday. I'm usually working remotely and wanted to add a new prospect to CommitCRM via the web interface. I couldn't because their town didn't already exist in the city field list. Please fix this.

February 16th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Support Team

Hey guys,

I hear you. As you know, there've been a few requests for this on this forum thread and elsewhere. We definitely understand that allowing to update the lists via the WEb Interface can be helpful and though I'm afraid there is no trivial solution for this, I hope we will be able to do something about it in one of our coming releases.

Thanks for the feedback!

Dina

January 15th, 2010, 01:57 AM
stuart

Hi,

Has there been any progress with this issue recently? I am currently running the trial version and think that the client application is exactly what I need, however the employee web service is not so great.
We are a largely mobile workforce and so will need to use the employee web service a lot. If we cannot add to or edit the dropdown menus while we are out in the field, I don't see how we can go ahead with implementing commit, even though we would like to.

Stuart.

January 15th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Support Team

Hi Guys,

Thanks for posting all your comments.

At this stage, we have prepared an option to take existing fields that are dropdown fields in the RangerMSP Web Interface, and transform them into freetext fields that you can use to enter new data over the RangerMSP Web Interface.

If anybody is interested in this option, please email us the fields you need changed and we'll get back to you with the instructions to achieve this right away.

Regards,
Sherry