RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 1st, 2009, 11:04 AM
lpopejoy

If you assign a "popup" to an account, you can still create a ticket and assign charges to the ticket without ever seeing that popup.

That is worthless if you want to use the popup to indicate not to service an account (like in the event of a non-paying client or something).

Am I missing something here?

--Luke

September 1st, 2009, 11:44 AM
Support Team

Hi Luke,

You are correct.
The account popup option will only trigger the popup when looking up an account in the accounts page.
I have passed a request to the development team to have the popup mechanism looked at.
If there’s a way to improve it, we’ll add it in for a later release.

For now, I’d suggest reading this forum thread, some others have already discussed this issue, and the discussion may be helpful.

Hope this helps…

Reno

September 1st, 2009, 06:31 PM
lpopejoy

Sorry, notes are absolutely no way to achieve this. It is all I can do to get my people to log their time and ticket resolutions... You think I can get them to read the notes?? LOL!

Ok, maybe so, but there should be a better way to alert people that something is very important about an account. Maybe?

--Luke

September 2nd, 2009, 07:55 AM
Support Team

Hi Luke,

I know what you mean about the notes, and this can only be forced by procedures.

I was looking over some previous forum threads, and copied a suggestion that i believe best accommodates the situation you've described.

Suspending an Account
You can also freeze the Contract. You can set the Account's Contract Status as Suspended (make sure to save the changes in order for this to take effect) and when your tech attempt to use it for new Tickets or Charges, the system will warn them with a pop-up message saying that the contract is suspended. In any case, if you do use a suspended Contract, it will appear in red.

Also, once the suspension popup notifies the tech of denial of service, your tech can optionally browse to the notes section of the account if he want's to know your reasons for suspending the account.

Hope this proves helpful.
Reno

September 2nd, 2009, 08:39 AM
lpopejoy

I know I read that, but what if you don't have a service contract with the Client? Can you suspend the Global contract?

September 2nd, 2009, 01:01 PM
Support Team

Hi Luke,

You currently cannot suspend the Global contract for a specific customer, since the purpose of the global contract is to serve as a standard pricing mechanism. The system uses the global contract when no other contract is defined, thereby removing the need to set prices for each customer, when not using a contract.

However, the notion of being able to disable the global system contract per account is an interesting idea. I will definitely pass it on to the development team.

Reno

September 10th, 2009, 03:18 PM
netcare

We would really love this feature too, to get the POP UP to occur when raising tickets.

July 11th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Support Team

Just a quick update - the Account Popup feature has been enhanced in version 5.4 and is now displayed whenever manually selecting the Account in any window, such as when selecting the Account for a Charge, Ticket, Contract, etc. It will also be displayed when using the QuickBooks Invoice Creation Wizard if the related Account has a Popup defined.

See more details about this new feature and others in the new What's New in Version 5.4 .

The RangerMSP Team