RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 20th, 2011, 09:14 AM
itognet

Hi Everybody,

I have created a tools for the CommitCRM software.

When to use?
When you have an e-mail in your inbox sent directly to you (not via the public e-mail), which you want to create a service ticket from.

What to to?
Drag'n'drop the e-mail from Outlook to a network folder.

What happens?
The software pickup the e-mail. Changes the header, and 'resend' the e-mail to the public e-mail address. Where the CommitCRM E-mail Connector creates a service ticket as usual. Done.

Interested, contact me at dennis@itognet.dk

November 21st, 2011, 01:09 PM
AN-Tech

We just keep outlook open with two accounts, one for our email address and one for the email connector's address. Then if someone emails us directly we just drag it from our inbox to the connectors inbox. Next time the connector checks for messages it finds the email and creates a ticket from it as if they emailed it directly.

I'm not sure if your system does anything differently but it sounds like it does the same thing without the need for a network folder.

November 21st, 2011, 04:02 PM
itognet

Hi,

I did exactly the same thing, having two account, and just drag the e-mail from my personal inbox to the 'Commit' inbox. and CommitCRM did create the service tickets.

BUT, I had big problems, when replying from CommitCRM on these ticket. The e-mail got sent into the ticket, but never to the external recipients.

But if everything works for you, you don't need this tool. :)

I got this from Commit: CommitCRM Email Connector supports only a single public email address.

Hopefully, CommitCRM will give their point of view in this thread.
Q: Is it okay, to drag a email from a persons inbox to the connectors inbox. - Note that TO: is different from the public email address.

November 22nd, 2011, 06:16 AM
Support Team

The To: of an email sent to RangerMSP Email Connector is important.

The email connector acts differently when emails are sent To it or when it is in the Cc or Bcc.
With Cc and Bcc the email is filed under the ticket, but not distributed.
With To the email is filed under the ticket and is being distributed to the relevant recipients.

Hope this helps.
Dina