RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 29th, 2008, 07:26 PM
raymond

is there a table that lists out and describes all of the privileges and what each means.... I want to make sure ONLY the accountant and admin accounts have the rights to sync with quickbooks. thanks!

//ray

July 30th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Support Team

Yes, you can find information on the different privileges under FAQ > Privileges.

Specifically, you should use the QuickBooks privileges. You should go to Files > Users & Privileges > Privileges, select the relevant privilege group (e.g. the group that most of your employees use), and un-check the QuickBooks Privilege at the end of the list.

I hope this helps.

Doron

August 1st, 2008, 02:04 PM
FunctionOne

Is there a location where we can adjust User/Account priveledges for our clients? We'd like to allow them to see documents so they can access documentation as well.

August 1st, 2008, 03:32 PM
Support Team

Basically you can adjust what clients can see from the web interface from Tools > Options > Web Interface. You can allow (or deny) them to have access to Contracts, Assets, Charges and History Notes. Documents are currently accessible only for technicians and clients currently do not have access to documents as this may possibly provide them with access to internal documents which they should not see (even if linked to their Account). I can see scenarios where this may be useful and I'll log this into our requests system. Thanks.

Doron

August 1st, 2008, 07:29 PM
FunctionOne

Thanks Doron,

With our current bookkeeping system - Freshbooks.com - our clients can access their entire financial account information online, pay invoices etc, and we also have a separate folder where we store their private network information document which is an encrypted Excel document. We can check this document in and out and make changes with versions kept as an option.

This allows us to all collaborate on a single document online always knowing that this is the most recent version of their information.

August 6th, 2008, 10:43 AM
raymond

the list in the FAQ is very short.... can someone update this so that we know what ALL the privleges are? At this point, I still don't know what the "QuickBooks" privilege does -- e.g. why would someone need view, edit or delete on quickbooks?

thanks --

//ray

August 6th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Support Team

Hi ray,

The "QuickBooks" privilege determine whether the user is allowed to use the RangerMSP-QuickBooks Link options, such as create invoices, sync account and items information, etc. Since the privileges options are displayed in a table format, all lines have the View, Edit and Delete options. When the privilege requires only on/off option (like in this case), all three will be selected or not when you click any of the options.

I hope this make this privilege option clearer. Your comments regarding the FAQ were noted and we will update it to reflect the most recent options. Thanks.

Sherry