RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 28th, 2014, 05:00 PM
maxtowns

Just wondering if there is some way of doing this that I am no doubt not clever enough to work out!

I enter a hyperlink in an KB article and it works as a clickable hyperlink when viewed in the preview - so far so good

Now I want to send out an email to all staff to notify them about the KB article and to click the link (to a private YouTube training vid on how to do things quickly/easily in Commit!)

When I use the 'Article Details' Email Template it creates a clickable hyperlink - cool

When I use the 'Article Details - Designed' Email Template it just shows the text and is not clickable/hyperlink

I tried editing the KB article to use the <a href command to create the hyperlink but this just shows all the coding <a href etc. in the preview and when sending using either of the Article Email Templates again just shows all the coding

I would have thought the HTML 'Article Details - Designed' Email Template would have seen this as a hyperlink just as the PLAIN TEXT 'Article Details' Email Template is managing to do

Obviously not the end of the world/we can live with using the PLAIN HTML template but as we are beginning to explore the Email Templates just thought I would use this as an example as to how things are behaving for future forays in template creation!

January 29th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this very detailed question :-)

Knowledge Base articles don't currently support HTML and so the only way to link inside an article is to paste in the url alone which will be made into a clickable link automatically.

Email Templates on the other hand do support HTML if you select that option when creating/editing them so you can certainly include links in those.

Having said that, including HTML in an article which is then included in an email does seem to get parsed correctly by the email client after sending even if not in the preview although that may depend on the specific client used.

January 29th, 2014, 08:20 AM
maxtowns

Thanks for the reply - yup but we don't want to put the link 'hard coded' into the template obviously as they will be different links for every KB article so it would seem the HTML template cannot 'work out' that the http:// entry is a hyperlink - odd

Will just stick with the plain text template then - many thanks