RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 10th, 2013, 08:42 AM
pops1000uk

Hi, When we build or provide a computer I have been producing Asset Codes from my label software that increments each time i open it.

Is it possible to do this within CommitCRM - Or can CommitCRM add this feature? Be great to have a option to produce an auto Asset Code that we can modify and add letters at the start?

August 12th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Support Team

Thank you for asking . There is currently no built-in way to auto increment the Asset Code field. The only way would be to increment externally and then import it or use the API to add the new Asset.

August 28th, 2013, 06:19 PM
JuernTech

I would also like this feature, just an auto-increment option for the asset code field. Seems like a no brainer really, would help when creating asset labels and when importing assets from my RMM.

August 29th, 2013, 05:03 AM
nattivillin

+1 this could be a great addition

August 29th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Support Team

Thanks. Your votes for this feature are noted.

August 29th, 2013, 10:45 AM
raymond

Just chiming in and not to disturb the flow but we would want the ability to disable this feature if it were added (which would be a simple toggle box in Options). When we use them, our asset codes are eternally generated. I do see where this would be useful though.

//ray