RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 1st, 2013, 12:06 PM
neil.ewing

Hi guys.

We are evaluating and having issues with getting CommitCRM to send emails using Outlook 2013 on Windows 8. We are getting a classic error of: Could not retrieve imessage, interface not supported.

CommitCRM support have pointed me at potential issues with mapi, but this is a new machine with Windows 8 fresh installed and Office 2013 fresh installed.

Any thoughts from anyone at all?

Thanks.
Neil.

April 1st, 2013, 05:53 PM
aaspeer

We have this configuration in our office without problems (Windows 8 Pro x64, Office 2013 pro x86) We had all kinds of issues with the x64 version of office 2013 - not just with CommitCRM.

Austin Speer
Onward IT Consultants

April 9th, 2013, 05:37 AM
natrat

If its Office 64 bit that will be your problem. I ran it for a couple of weeks and found 90% of things that plugin or otherwise integrate with Outlook don't work with 64 bit office. Went back to 32 bit and all is well.

April 9th, 2013, 09:35 AM
AN-Tech

Even when downloading Office from Microsofts website it states that they recommend using the 32-bit version when installing on a 64-bit operating system.

August 1st, 2013, 06:17 PM
soho-nz

Is there any resolution to this problem? - I am getting the same problem.

I had to build a new system, so I used Win 8 Pro 64 with 32-bit Office from Office 365 - CommitCRM syncs correctly with Outlook, but cannot create emails - same error message as the OP. I have tried running either or both apps as administrator, but that makes no difference.

Not sure if this is related, but my Office installation folder is in "Program Files" - indicating that it may be 64-bit??? The program itself reports as 32 bit, and shows up as 32 bit in task mangler.

August 2nd, 2013, 06:05 AM
Support Team

There's a patch from MS that sometimes solves this when using Outlook/365. Please email our support and we will reply with the details so you can see whether it helps in your scenario.

August 6th, 2013, 12:43 PM
pops1000uk

I had this problem, CommitCRM will send you a patch. IT works for me