RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 7th, 2013, 08:14 AM
neil.ewing

Hi,

Has anyone had any success with a process to transfer charges into Sage 50? I have looked at the software that SmartITSoftware has produced, but I am unable to get this to work. This might be because we run the SQL version of Commit.

Do the Commit guys have any plans to integrate with Sage?

Thanks
Neil.

November 7th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Support Team

Neil, thanks for asking. SmartIT's module to integrate RangerMSP with Sage 50 should work well even with the SQL back-end. They use our API that works well for both the SQL edition and the non-SQL one. They are usually very cooperative so maybe you can give them a call and drop them an email.

Let us know how it goes.

November 7th, 2013, 03:45 PM
mellowms

Hi Neil,

I can confirm we use the SQL version of Commit with Sage 50 and it works without issues.

Kind regards

Lee

November 8th, 2013, 09:41 AM
neil.ewing

That's good to know. We have tested the product and we always get an API error (something like unhandled exception, newer API version found).

I have tried contacting SmartITSoftware, but haven't heard back from them.

November 8th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Support Team

This sound like a local issue, we will be happy to review your log files, maybe we will be able to see something there. Anyway, you should be able to contact them too, as far as we know they are usually responsive and ready to help. The details about their plugin can be found here and their contact details, including a phone number, can be found here.

Hope this helps.

November 12th, 2013, 05:17 AM
neil.ewing

We have spoken to SmartITSoftware and they are no longer developing the software and therefore it is unlikely to work with the later releases of CommitCRM. Back to the drawing board.....

November 12th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Support Team

We've just been in contact with them. They will reconsider. Apparently the plugin product is great but they haven't done too many sales. We will now work with them and try to assist. Plenty of customers from the UK would benefit from their Sage Line 50 integration module with RangerMSP.

November 13th, 2013, 04:19 AM
neil.ewing

That's good news. If you can keep us posted on timescale as we are really keen to get Sage integrated into CommitCRM.