RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 14th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Product User

How exactly are the Contacts/Accounts populated back and forth between RangerMSP and Outlook? We have been able to sync a single user and his contacts as Accounts in RangerMSP. If I then log in as me (a second or new RangerMSP user) and sync my Contact will they add to the existing Contacts previously synchronized with RangerMSP accounts or will I lose my Outlook Contacts and be overwritten by the RangerMSP data?

* We received this message directly and published it here for the benefit of our community users.

January 14th, 2008, 04:07 AM
Support Team

To avoid duplicate Accounts in RangerMSP, once you import the Accounts into RangerMSP, and you wish to sync with another Outlook user folder (which is not the same outlook folder which was already synchronized), you should first manually create a link between the Account in RangerMSP and the Contact in Outlook (go to the menu of Accounts > Tools > Link Account to Outlook Contact Record).

Note that this should be done only if you plan to synchronize the Accounts with different Outlook contact folders (of different users). In case you keep the office contacts in a single public folder and everyone use it (which is quite common), you only need a single user to synchronize the Contacts with this folder, and other users should not sync Outlook contacts at all (they should define the sync for Tasks and Appointments only).

You can find more information on setting up the Outlook Sync for the first time in the RangerMSP Setup Guide.

Sherry