RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 29th, 2009, 11:15 PM
tcsrvcs

Is there a way to sync CommitCRM tasks with Google tasks? Outlook tasks do not appear to synch with Google tasks. I am using CommitCRM Dispatcher to enter appointments and tasks as they relate to tickets and opportunities and synch CommitCRM with Outlook, but I would also like to see tasks as well as appointments appear on my Google phone.

October 30th, 2009, 06:46 AM
lpopejoy

That's what you get for using a phone that doesn't support Exchange Activsync! ;)

I don't see how this could be done without using a third party addon that syncs your Outlook tasks with google tasks. I don't even know that such a thing exists. Does google even have tasks?

October 30th, 2009, 09:10 AM
tcsrvcs

"Does Google even have tasks?" yes - I was hoping not to start a war over advantages or disadvantages of various phones, or Google. The Google phone works well otherwise and I have found a pretty easy way to enter the most important tasks from CommitCRM into Google Calendar - Tasks so that I can have them with me via my phone. I just don't know how to sync them.

October 30th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Support Team

Hi Guys,

Since Google Tasks is still in Beta (Google Labs), there won't be any integration with the existing Google-Outlook Sync application.
Once Google Tasks can sync with Microsoft Outlook, the RangerMSP Tasks will be synced to your Google Tasks.

I've checked on Google forums, and I found a thread with thousands of request posts for this feature.
I believe Google will update here if such an update comes out.
Click here for the Google Forum Thread!.

Hope this helps.
Reno Breen

November 1st, 2009, 08:27 AM
tcsrvcs

Thanks for the research on Google tasks. You guys are sure thorough.