RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 5th, 2010, 04:48 PM
ShamanSys

Hi,
I am trying to find a field where I can create notes with details of the work that I have done so only internal employee can view and no one else even on Web interface. I realized that even doing in "History Note", it would show up in the web interface and the customer can see them. But when doing in the 'Note' tab, it would show up in the email when we reply the customer. Is there a field or a place where we can note our work for our reference only?

Thank You,
Ankur

November 8th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Support Team

Actually History Notes can be used, here's how.

By default customers see it when using the Customer Web Portal, however, using the Customer-Privileges feature in RangerMSP you can select that customer will not be able to see it.

You can learn more about managing Customer Web Users privileges here.

I hope this helps.
Dina

December 1st, 2010, 10:52 AM
ShamanSys

Hi Dina,

I was able to adjust the setting as you provided. But now I realized that 'History Note' is a good way for customer and employee to track record however I would like to have 2 set of 'History Note' so one would be open to both customer and employee and another would be only for employee (internal) user. I noticed that when I do 'details' for the ticket there is a tab called 'Notes' but that doesn't have the same functionally as creating multiple history note since this is just one big notes. So, is there a way I can create another set of 'History Note' and maybe call it 'Employee Note' and only employee (internal) can use it while the other for everyone else?

Thank You,
Ankur.

December 1st, 2010, 11:15 AM
Support Team

Hi Ankur,

History Notes are indeed a nice way to communicate with customers that have the privileges to view/edit/add such records. However, once a customers can view History Notes they see all History Notes related to their Accounts. There aren't "hidden" History Note records in this cse. It looks like adding a "Public" options to History Notes would have helped here where the user could select which History Note is accessible to customers and which is not (same way as it works with Documents where you already have full control on what customers see). Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
Dina

December 1st, 2010, 11:30 AM
ShamanSys

Hi Dina,

I see, I was not able to find 'Public' button anywhere. I did noticed that whenever user email directly to me instead of replying to ticket, I would drag that email file over to CommitCRM ticket and it would pop-up a window to adjust the configuration and I saw a 'show in Public' option to tick mark if I wanted to. That option would be great to be added in the History then we can use that way to hide notes from the customer. If it not there, then can you please see if there is a way I can customize that feature or pass it on to the development team.

Thank You,
Ankur

December 1st, 2010, 11:36 AM
Support Team

Thanks Ankur. I've already logged the "Public" idea for History Notes into our requests system :-)

May 14th, 2019, 06:40 PM
jbauer

This thread from 2010 and still no private/public function for history notes? Is there a suitable work around? As it appears if you turn this ability off for users they cannot respond to tickets via the portal and have to use email, defeating the whole purpose.

May 15th, 2019, 06:14 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

You may consider using the Email Connector and send an email from the Ticket. In order the email will not be sent to the customer and will not be public (i.e. shown on the Customer Portal), just add a keyword *123* at the email subject - as explained here.

Hope this helps.