RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 31st, 2015, 04:20 AM
-David-

I have a question thats been bugging me for a while but have not tried out.

CommitCRM works fine over a network it also works via VPN (Slowly) and via your web interface however will it work over the internet within a dropbox folder that syncs to the online server.

assuming only 1 user/session is active at a time and its not using SQL. I do not see why it would not be possable and not cause sync problems.

Regards David
CRM version 8

July 31st, 2015, 04:42 AM
-David-

BETTER Explanation

I have a question thats been bugging me for a while but have not tried out.

CommitCRM works fine over a network it also works via VPN (Slowly) and via the web interface.

however will it work on a computer that has drobbox installed and the CommitCRM folder is in the dropbox directory.

dropbox syncs the commit folder back to dropbox cloud when anything changes.

I could then sync my laptop with the commit folder on drobbox cloud before going out or at a clients.

assuming only 1 user/session is active at a time and its not using SQL. I do not see why it would not be possable and not cause sync problems.

of course i may also be totally wrong.

Regards David
CRM version 8

July 31st, 2015, 06:00 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

The database layer of RangerMSP is not designed to work with a distributed file system that is synced the data files between different computers or networks. This is actually almost guaranteed to cause issues, problems and data corruptions.

In regards to VPN - It'll run faster with the SQL back-end. Naturally it cannot be compared with running it on your LAN. You will also be able to use it over remote session, RDP/Citrix/Terminal Services, getting the best performance.

Thanks!