RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 28th, 2018, 08:52 AM
tdr.css

Every day I get multiple high-priority tickets that I work on over the course of the morning. Some high priority tickets are higher than others - for example a server outage vs 1 user phone outage.

Is there some kind of way to sort tickets based on my preference? Ideally, boards would be good for this because you can drag and drop from one status to the other. Would be nice to be able to drag the tickets around in the 'status' board so i can make some of the tickets higher than others.

I've resorted to using a text file with a list of all my tickets, in the order I like. Would like to see this option in commit natively though.

March 28th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Support Team

Using the Ticket Boards is indeed handy and you CAN drag Tickets between the status columns.

The sort order of each column is based on the selected sort order of the Ticket view. You can right click above a Ticket in the board - select the Sort by... sub menu and pick your preferred sorting order - this includes sorting by Priority.

You can differentiate priorities and set the "Immediate" value, for example, for server issues that prevent all users from working and the "high" would mean high priority problems that affect only a single user.

Another option would be to configure dedicated labels for these cases.

The nice thing with Labels is that whether you use the Ticket Board views or Ticket List views, you can very easily filter to see only tickets of a specific label using the left side pane, simply click the Label you wish to filter by in order to hide everything else.

Hope this helps!

March 28th, 2018, 12:38 PM
tdr.css

I don't think this helps. This will probably end up being a feature request. Basically, I need to be able to make a list of my tickets in an order that I intend to work on them. We may have 5 high priority tickets, but within that high priority some of them are higher than others.

March 28th, 2018, 01:33 PM
Support Team

Thanks you. Noted!