RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 17th, 2013, 01:34 PM
racassel

Please vote if you would find this feature would help your productivity.

Enhancement: Create a "list and details" view of Charges, similar to Tickets and Assets

Process: Every charge is reviewed by the technical director and accounting prior to being released for billing. Once the charges have been reviewed the ticket is set to "Closed" and invoices are generated by batch in Quickbooks.

Problem: Currently each charge has to be "opened" in order to make any changes to the contract, item, hours and amounts.

Solution: Charges could be edited faster and with less drudgery by having the ability to edit similar to the "List and Details" view in Tickets.

Please vote if you would find this feature helpful and indicate the degree of helpfulness ie:
Slightly helpful, Very Helpful or Highly Helpful.

October 17th, 2013, 01:35 PM
racassel

+1 Highly Helpful

October 18th, 2013, 03:27 AM
BDTECHRob

+1 for me. I don't use quickbooks but it would still suit my process

October 19th, 2013, 08:39 AM
nattivillin

+1 for us. it would make reviews faster.

Currently our techs don't close tickets. (it would be nice if we could set it so that they couldnt) They are to assign any completed job to the service coordinator. He makes sure they all the T's are crossed, I's are dotted, discounts given, notes made, assets updated, etc. Then we convert it to a QB invoice.

October 21st, 2013, 10:46 AM
raymond

I'm not exactly understanding the "list and details" part of this but the topic seems to be square on with one of the things that we've been asking about for many (many) years: the addition of a second "Manager" field (nattivillin calls it a service coordinator, we would prefer to see "lead tech" and "account manager" but the results are the same).

Like nattivillin, none of our techs close tickets, that is left for the true "Account Manager" who circles back and "makes sure they all the T's are crossed, I's are dotted, discounts given, notes made, assets updated, etc.". When all that is done, the "Account Manager" closes the ticket. The issue is that we don't have a way to split out and assign the ticket to both the "Account Manager" and the "Lead Tech" (the person actually working on the issue). This needs to be added!

To the original part of this discussion, anything that will help us view, sort and approve (charges, etc.) and close tickets en-mass is a thumbs up for us!

thanks!

//ray