RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

June 21st, 2012, 02:11 AM
Bright Future Computers

Hi.
Taken the plunge and have now paid forCommitCRM.
Loving it so far.

I have so far created a few web users and it is being used regularly.
Is there a facility available so that a user can register by themselves?
i.e. can I put something on my website, a link or something like that so that a user can register for web access without me having to manually create them?

Many thanks.

Andy

June 21st, 2012, 06:08 AM
Support Team

Hi Andy! Thank you for asking this. While there is no limitation to the number of Web users you can create for your customers there isn't an option for them to register their own account. This way customer Web users are created under the correct customer account. Letting customers create their own user is an option, however, the system will not know for sure to which Account to link them to. While I can think of having the system check the domain name etc. it's still not definite and will not always work (think of customers using Gmail). Anyway, I'll add your vote to this request as it sure makes sense. Thanks.

June 21st, 2012, 06:34 AM
nattivillin

Some time ago, I asked for a way to automatically send the users a login/setup link.

I don't want people to be able to auto register, but i would like a simple procedure to send them a link so they can. Something like,

Click on the contact, select access type, then send web login link. They get the email, click on the link, setup their account and chose their own password.

Now i have to [manually] create a random password, then send it to them, then have them change it.

June 21st, 2012, 07:43 AM
Support Team

While not exactly the same we have enhanced this process with the coming 6.0 release (currently in Beta). You'll be sending an email with the user credentials and log in link with just a single click.

June 21st, 2012, 08:47 AM
nattivillin

That would be great. Can you give more details?

June 21st, 2012, 09:00 AM
Support Team

It'll be easy to send the user their credentials. With a single click an email will open with the new/existing Web user credentials and a link to the log in page.

More will be published with the official release.

June 21st, 2012, 09:21 AM
nattivillin

Sounds very "close" what I asked for earlier in the year. How many votes did it get?

June 26th, 2012, 06:56 PM
racassel

Being able to request and execute a password reset would bring us into the 21st century <grin>. Hope this is in the plan.

July 2nd, 2012, 06:27 AM
nattivillin

I agree.

December 7th, 2016, 02:07 PM
racassel

Well, its December, 2016.... surely there is a password reset function by now..... Where can I find the PASSWORD RESET LINK to put on my CommitCRM Web Portal login page?

December 8th, 2016, 06:03 AM
Support Team

Well, Customer Web users can change the password while logged into the Customer Web Portal using the 'Change Password' option under the 'Options' drop down menu. Changing the password should be enabled as part of the user privileges. In case you ask whether someone can change their password without logging into the portal first - then the answer is no and they have to contact your team to help with this.