RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 18th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Support Team

We're pleased to announce a new integration for RangerMSP:

RepairTech Techsuite Reports to RangerMSP.

RepairTech developed this new integration that links Techsuite Reports with RangerMSP.

In short, this integration automatically syncs your TechSuite Reports with RangerMSP Tickets using the Email Connector module.

In case you were not aware, RepairTech makes automated computer repair utilities for IT professionals and so is a great match for RangerMSP.

You can read more about it on our site here and also on the RepairTech's blog here which includes usage instructions.

Please feel free to post below any questions you have about this integration and the RepairTech team will also be available here to answer.

March 18th, 2014, 12:29 PM
repairtechinc

Hey guys - my name is Ian Alexander, I'm the CEO and co-founder of RepairTech. I'm here to answer any questions you guys have about our software or the integration with CommitCRM.

Have a good one,

Ian

March 19th, 2014, 12:42 PM
lpopejoy

Ian,

I enabled the integration - very cool BTW. However, I'm not sure how this is supposed to work.

First, I'm not sure why I need to add your email address to a contact. As long as you have [ticket#] in the subject (including the brackets), it should auto add the email to the correct ticket.

Second, when I tested this, the ticket # is NOT in brackets - which means the email connector has NO idea what to do with this inbound email - and just forwards it to the default mailbox for emails it doesn't know what to do with.

Thanks!

Luke

March 19th, 2014, 01:07 PM
repairtechinc

Hi Luke - The fact that the ticket number is not in square brackets should not be a problem. If you don't add our email as a contact, the emails will be rejected by the CommitCRM Server and forwarded to the "Internal Support Email Address" for manual processing like this:

Quote:
Email address*mailbot@repairtechsolutions.com*was not found in CommitCRM database and therefore was forwarded for manual processing.
In order to prevent such cases you should add this email address to an Account or Contact record in CommitCRM.
You can also configure a domain catch-all rule for the relevant Account in CommitCRM.
Such a rule will cause the system to identify any incoming email from this domain as related to this Account.
To configure such a catch-all rule simply store the domain part (for example*repairtechsolutions.com) in one of the Account’s email fields or as the email address of one of the Account’s Secondary Contacts (recommended).
Please refer to Matching by*more details
Let me know if you have any other questions,

Ian

March 19th, 2014, 03:50 PM
lpopejoy

If the email FROM address matches an contact under MY account, then it will create a NEW ticket under MY account.

What needs to happen is it needs to log the email under an EXISTING ticket - this will be done by referencing the [0500-ticket#].

Support can you confirm this is correct?

March 19th, 2014, 05:28 PM
repairtechinc

After communicating with our contact at CommitCRM, we developed and tested our integration; and, we observed that if the subject line contains a valid ticket number (even without square brackets) and our email address (commitcrm@repairtechsolutions.com) is in the CommitCRM database, then the TechSuite Report Email should be attached to the EXISTING ticket referenced in the subject line. If the subject line does NOT contain a ticket number, then it will be used to create a NEW ticket. By the way, we send the email with CC so it will not be forwarded to your customer.

March 20th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Support Team

Thank you, guys.

Just to summarize and clarify few things:

FROM email address must exist in RangerMSP, otherwise any email, even with Ticket number in the subject will be recognized as an error and forwarded to manual support.

Think of it as a kind of a spam blocker - otherwise anyone could spam your tickets simply by guessing ticket numbers...

We also recommend to create new Account for RepairTech Techsuite Reports as explained on the RepairTech's blog , however it is possible to add this email address under any Account or Secondary Contact.

Generally the integration was developed to attach email reports to existing ticket and in case email will be sent without ticket number - new Ticket will indeed be created for Account with this sender email address.

Ticket number without brackets is also supported, though whenever there's a choice we always recommend using them to increase the likelihood of valid parsing of the email subject.

Hope this helps.

March 20th, 2014, 10:55 AM
lpopejoy

Thanks, makes perfect sense now.

April 15th, 2014, 03:21 PM
repairtechinc

Hey guys - We're revisiting our current integrations and seeing what we can add to them. I"m just checking in to see if anyone has any requests as to how we could add to the integration in order to make your workflow more streamlined?

Thanks,

Ian