RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 31st, 2013, 05:18 AM
pops1000uk

I have been messing with my upgraded CommitCRM. When I email out from CommitCRM I am now receiving the email I wrote.

The customer is still getting the email because they are replying, and the email does copy to the ticket.

How do I stop receiving my emails that I send out?

July 31st, 2013, 07:33 AM
Support Team

Please run <server>\RangerMSP\ServerConfig.exe application and go to the Email Connector tab and look for the Email Processing Settings section. In that section click the Advanced Options button on the Email to Ticket tab. In the Advanced Email Connector Settings there is a place to enter a Backup Email Address which will get copies of all emails sent - check if your email address is listed there and enabled.

Also verify that emails from both Backup and Public Email Addresses are not downloaded to your Outlook.

Hope this helps.

July 31st, 2013, 10:57 AM
pops1000uk

No, backup email is off. I only have 1 email address in outlook that is my employee one.
I think whats happened is, one of my accounts was configured with the support@ email address that is my public email account for CommitCRM. I have since removed this.
Would this cause this issue?

July 31st, 2013, 11:47 AM
Support Team

This sounds right. No one except for the Email Connector should pop emails from the public email address (support@ ).

July 31st, 2013, 12:56 PM
pops1000uk

hi, just sent a email just now, I still get the email that I sent to a customer.

July 31st, 2013, 01:46 PM
Support Team

Do you use any grouping/aliasing/mailing-lists/etc.? Many times such server side settings might deliver a messages to many different addresses and accounts. Please review such settings.

Also - verify that your Employee record in RangerMSP holds the email address you use to send your replies with (e.g. the replies you sent to Support@ , that then get distributed to the customer). AND - that this email address is only set for your employee record.

Finally, check your settings under Tools > Options > Tickets-2 tab when logged into RangerMSP using your user credentials.