RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

August 10th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Support Team

This Online Service dials via Skype to a phone number or Skype username defined in Account > General > Phone1.

You can use other fields (besides Phone 1) to hold the Skype number or username, but make sure to define a separate Online Service for this and update the field passed to Skype:
  1. Import the attached Online Service.
  2. Double-click the Online Service to edit it and change the URL Parameter <CMTLBLDATA_FLDCRDPHONE1> to the field you want to use.

The RangerMSP Team

Disclaimer - Before importing the Online Service you should read the terms of use for each web site you want to access. The attached is an example of an Online Service demonstrating how to use online services and how to pass parameters to the relevant Web site. We cannot guarantee that the Online Service will always work as each Web site has the right to change the way they work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Online_Service_Dial_Via_Skype_-_Phone_1.zip (1.2 KB, 0 views)

October 15th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Mister-c

Hi,
Is there anyway to get this to work without having to put the international dialling code at the front of the number? UK numbers are in the following format: 01159123123 but the only way I can get this to work is to put international dialling code at the front of the number and remove the original 0 so the number looks like this: 00441159123123. If I use Skype normally I can just dial without the international code.

Thanks

Mark

October 18th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Support Team

Mark,

Thank you for asking this.

Here's what you may try to do - open the Online Services management Window, select the Skype dialing Online Service and double click it to open its properties.

You'll see a "callto://" as the main URL and "<CMTLBLDATA_FLDCRDPHONE1>" as the parameter.
Try adding 0044 before the parameter token, this way it'll automatically add the international prefix without you needing to store it as part of the phone number itself (remove it from your Accounts phone numbers).

I can't see how you can removing the leading zero from the number so maybe you should simply not store it in RangerMSP and all will probably work well (when you need to dial it manually you'll know to dial the leading zero).

HTH
Bracha

October 18th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Mister-c

That worked perfectly, thanks! It actually worked leaving the leading 0 in place too so problem solved. ;)

October 18th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Support Team

Perfect! Thanks for the update.

October 21st, 2010, 01:00 PM
pops1000uk

can one be made for Elastix Voip system FreePBX?

October 21st, 2010, 01:11 PM
Support Team

I'm not familiar with their service, buy any service on the Web that can be called simply by applying a URL with some parameters can probably be configured.

More general information on how to configure Online Services in RangerMSP can be found here.

Thanks,
Dina

August 24th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Jeff @ Check Point

When attempting to import this to 6.0, I get the attached error.

Any help?
Attached Images
File Type: png Commit-Skype error.PNG (65.9 KB, 73 views)

August 27th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Support Team

This error might be related to privileges or that an Anti-Virus that interrupts (which may be the case as you downloaded a file from the Internet).

1. Privileges - all users must have all privileges and all access rights to all files under the entire 'RangerMSP' folder tree.
The error codes indicate that there is a problem with privileges or access rights to the RangerMSP files.

2. Anti-Virus - White list the entire 'RangerMSP' folder tree from anti-virus real time scanning + the file/folder where the downloaded file is saved in.

Let us know how it goes.

February 3rd, 2013, 10:30 AM
danrcf

I have install the dialing skype , but when pressing phone1 the windows default phone dialler pops out , what i am doing wrong

Thanks

February 4th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Support Team

You can dial with Skype using the Online Services feature. Please see the first post in this thread.