RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > Community Sharing Center > Reports
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

July 11th, 2010, 11:17 AM
pops1000uk

Job in sheet that customer signs.

I use a Topaz Signature usb gadget. I print this report to file. It opens in Adobe, then the customer signs the form electronically. This then saves to CommitCRM as a document.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CommitCRM_Report_Jobs_in_COMPUTER_&_LAPTOP.zip (35.8 KB, 236 views)

July 12th, 2010, 11:57 AM
oldmuttonhead

Are you using full Adobe to put the signature on the file?

July 12th, 2010, 12:14 PM
pops1000uk

Yes, Adobe handles the signature & stores it as PDF withinCommitCRM. Good thing about the Toopaz system is that it digitally encrypts it so that it can’t be changed so can be argued i court if ever needed.

July 12th, 2010, 12:23 PM
oldmuttonhead

I was asking because I have a Topaz as well, but I don't have the full version of Acrobat. I would LOVE to have this digitally stored. Right now, we print a ticket that we have designed and they sign it and we file our copy in a filing cabinet. It's not a high-tech solution for a supposedly high-tech company. :)

July 12th, 2010, 12:28 PM
pops1000uk

Yeah i know what you mean. I did the same but eneded up buying a copy off ebay to get me going works very well i just print to file, adobe opens then click sign, customer writes signature in then click save.

I had hundreds of bits of paper a month that much i had to file it all in one big cabinet.

February 22nd, 2011, 06:50 PM
sudogreg

anyone have any idea on this... we made a few minor changes to the layout of this form and everything works great. until we rename the form to something else that makes sense to us then our asset information disappears. if we run the original name report (with our changes) everything works fine, run the name changed report and its gone... the ONLY thing between the 2 is the name of the report.

February 23rd, 2011, 06:20 AM
Support Team

After renaming the report open the report in the Report Designer and reselect the asset data fields (from the toolbar) to the data fields on the report layout. Unfortunately in some cases a rename operation (an action that does much more than it seems...) will force you to reassign some data fields to the report fields.

Hope this helps.

February 23rd, 2011, 08:56 AM
sudogreg

this fixed it, thank you

August 21st, 2013, 07:16 PM
tmenasco

We use Foxit Reader (www.foxitsoftware.com) on our server. It's free and it allows you to edit PDFs. Our techs can RDP to the server, print the W/O to pdf as a CommitCRM document, fill it out, save and viola, W/O with ALL notes in system with NO paper used.