RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 30th, 2019, 09:14 AM
lpopejoy

Background:
If you set the QB default to "email" or "print" invoices, this setting will not be respected when CommitCRM pushes invoices to QB.

Feature request:
Either respect QB defaults, or let me build a default "per account" setting.

Result:
This is the 21st century and I run a technology company. Quit making me look stupid. We send out 150-200 monthly invoices. I need to automate this.

January 30th, 2019, 12:04 PM
Support Team

Thanks lpopejoy. This problem is rooted in QuickBooks' Desktop API that does not respect its settings when the information isn't passed to the API - while it should! Their Online edition does not have this specific problem.
Having such settings at the Account level may indeed be a work-around to this issue, though it'll require users to manage this in both systems.
In any case, feedback noted.

January 31st, 2019, 04:54 AM
lpopejoy

https://developer.intuit.com/app/dev...nce/invoiceadd

Are you sure that the issue isn’t that the whole IsToBePrinted value needs to be missing from your request altogether? I’m guessing if it isn’t checked, then you are sending “false”?

I don’t know, I just can’t find anyone else having this problem with the API. It seems like it would be a big deal if this were universal.

January 31st, 2019, 06:01 AM
Support Team

Thanks! When providing True or False values to these API fields - it works - but this would mean that users will need to manage defaults per customers in RangerMSP, which is actually the work-around suggested above, but this isn't perfect, to say the least. Nothing is passed to this parameter when users do not specifically check or uncheck these options when invoicing to QuickBooks, with the idea of letting QuickBooks decide based on its default as the caller did not say anything about these settings, except that in the Desktop version it doesn't!

Hope this makes sense and helps.

February 1st, 2019, 04:28 AM
lpopejoy

I’m still not convinced. No one else on the internet is complaining about this.

Are you certain that it doesn’t deserve another look?

February 1st, 2019, 06:15 AM
Support Team

Of course, we have reviewed and re-reviewed this several times. Something does not work in their API with this. If one, including RangerMSP, passes True or False, it works but that's not what we're after. If we ignore this field for QuickBooks to use its defaults - it unfortunately does not. In any case, I'll bump it again for review. Thanks.

February 2nd, 2019, 09:30 AM
lpopejoy

Hmm. Does seem strange. Not saying you aren’t correct... just surprised that it’s the case.

I’m going to enable QB api diagnostics and capture your xml and test your hypothesis though.

I’ll let you know what I find!

February 6th, 2019, 01:43 PM
lpopejoy

Ok, so sure enough... you aren't sending "istobeemailed" isn't being sent when "using QB default".

I wonder if this behavior would change if you used the latest QBXml version (<?qbxml version="7.0"?>). I believe this is 8.0, maybe?

February 6th, 2019, 01:44 PM
lpopejoy

The other possibility would be to query the customer record in QB prior to creating the invoice to find out what its default is... but then that creates 2x the API queries.

February 7th, 2019, 06:00 AM
Support Team

Thank you for confirming. I suspect that we even tried the latest suggestion despite the "cost" and such data did not return! But, I'll send it for review again - just in case we've overlooked something.

February 7th, 2019, 06:16 AM
lpopejoy

"PreferredDeliveryMethod" - but it's only in xml v12: https://developer.intuit.com/app/dev.../customerquery

Thanks for reviewing!