RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

December 9th, 2009, 04:04 PM
lpopejoy

I want to create a ticket report that shows the ticket #, description, resolution, date time opened and closed, and contact. As a subreport for each entry on that report, I want all the charges for that ticket listed. So when I send an invoice, I can enclose this report and it will show all tickets for the month and the charges related to it.

I can't figure out how to "join" the subreport to the main report (like how to tell it to filter the subreport to just the current ticket #). I also don't see the charge fields available as choices for data fields.

Does that make sense? Any ideas?

Thanks,

--Luke

December 9th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Carl2468

I have this exact report already created. I believe I just modified the existing "Detailed Account Charges by Ticket" to make it look the way that I wanted and contain the information that I wanted. That report already had the charges subreport.

CommitCRM Support: Is it possible to exchange reports by going to the design view, then doing "File", "Save to File"?

If this is possible, I would be happy to email you the customized report.... it takes HOURS to get a custom report just right.

December 9th, 2009, 08:05 PM
lpopejoy

Yes, I believe you can do that... and it would be sweet. I believe that we both have to be on the same version of CommitCRM (I'm 5.2) and we have to use the same name for the report.

You can shoot me an email directly to: luke@incomservice.net if you want to!

That would be great - thanks a lot!!

--Luke

December 10th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Support Team

Hey Guys,

It looks like you've already got all the details down... :-)
Let us know if you have anymore questions on this topic.

With regards,
Sherry

December 10th, 2009, 12:52 PM
brainstormcomp

Might it also be possible to have a section for downloads like this? So that way we all dont have to recreate the wheel- I'm assuming we all have some similar items that we are working on indivually-

December 10th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for posting this question.
We've discussed the possibility of maintaining a FTP with these types of template files for the report designer; however, we've decided that at this stage, it may be too soon to begin such a project, since the files need to be imported with lots of manual updating involved.

For now, we suggest customizing your reports yourself, and if you wish to share reports between businesses, then we'll assist with import details.

Regards,
David