RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 5th, 2013, 06:33 PM
brainstormcomp

I'm sure this has been mentioned but I'm not sure what term to search under in the forums-
Has anyone configured a way to use a webform from their website to send to the CommitCRM email connector to create a ticket? Ie- on your own website fill out a form describing the issue and hitting submit and having the connector use the email address the customer filled out rather than the webform default address? Hopefully I have described that correctly-
Thanks
Mark

August 6th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Support Team

The email connector will use any email (or domain) which is listed for the account under contacts or secondary contacts as long as it can match the email to a single account. For more advanced integration you could also use the API by Email or the Automated Emails feature, both of which can be configured on the Email Connector tab in RangerMSP Server Settings. The following links explain further:

Using PHP To Automatically Generate and Emai XML Transactions to RangerMSP Email Connector
API by Email and MSP Integration

August 6th, 2013, 12:39 PM
pops1000uk

Yes I got it to work. Just send the Email field to your support@ email address.

However, How would you bring up other fields from the webform?

August 6th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Support Team

If you simply relay form submitions and send them as an email to the email connector without using the API but rather with the Sender as the email address filled in the form - you are using the standard email connector feature and you cannot match form fields to database fields (it's a plain email). With XML you can match any form field to any ticket database field.

August 9th, 2013, 05:34 AM
pops1000uk

CommitCRM. You should make a few PHP forms for us to easy integrate. I have seen the demo ones but they dont do it for me :(