RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 13th, 2014, 08:15 PM
stephan

Hey,

How do people maintain connection details and access userid / passwords across all your environments ?

We have ended up with multiple. Are there any good managements tools out there for this?

Any ways to comprehensive manage this in CommitCRM ?

Thoughts?

Thanks, Stephan.

January 13th, 2014, 09:14 PM
lpopejoy

Client info: SIportal www.siportal.com
Lastpass for personal stuff.

January 14th, 2014, 01:10 PM
stephan

Hey Luke,

Thanks. Looks great but isn't that what we want CommitCRM to do?

We have to also colour this with the fact that we are using GFI and intend to integrate it.

I guess what we would like to store into CommitCRM would be things like :-

Domain UserID / Password
Local UserID / Password
LAN Network Subnet
Router UserID / Passwords
Router WAN Address(es).
Router and Switch UserID/Passwords.

Alternatively it would be good if GFI did this stuff and it was integrated in.

Any More Thoughts.?

January 14th, 2014, 01:14 PM
lpopejoy

Have you looked at Asset Configuration Notes? They are pretty powerful and may achieve what you looking for. See here.

I personally prefer the layout of siportal for documentation. It kind of forces you to document everything. I've given up having "one silo" for all of my info. Now I'm just trying to focus on the best systems that have the best working relationship.

January 15th, 2014, 04:27 PM
brainstormcomp

We have tried tons of different ways to do it. I agree that we have also give up on the single silo as well-
Our tools-
Outlook for all users synced to smart phones
Commitcrm as ticketing system- sync appointments to Outlook
QuickBooks- sync completed charges to QB
what we found was when we needed ticket info it was easy to find what was done on a job/project - but we really needed a place for site configuration that was -easy- to access onsite. We do have the mobile commitcrm on the phones but it takes a while to get to the necessary info.

So what we did was create a skydrive account and used OneNote to create a site documentation template. Every new client gets their documentation entered into a new onenote file (it actually looks really similar to the siportal layout) - you can create links in it etc. The best part is the onenote app on the droid phone is excellent- really easy to pull up the docs that are synced in the cloud etc. It stinks having multiple places to store info but that has worked for us.

to piggy back this - we still struggle with getting techs to document notes in near real time on site. Entering them into mobile commit is a pain / they take paper tickets with them but we haven't found a good effective method to get those notes down accurately etc- what are you guys doing to force techs (or even yourself) to get the data into the system so you can bill?

January 15th, 2014, 07:39 PM
lpopejoy

Yeah. +1 for ios/android native apps! :)
That would help a lot with getting data entered on a ticket while a tech is onsite.

January 16th, 2014, 03:02 PM
stephan

OK.

We are working on a excel sheet that will generate unique IP address ranges and also document:-

Customers =>
Sites =>
Circuits/Logons =>
Router Configs / Logons
Servers / Remote Mgmt Logons =>
Virtual Servers
IP Phones
Cameras

We will create that as a document linked to from CommitCRM so it becomes the root of all things.

We keep all network diagrams in Visio which we also plan to create links for each customer from CommitCRM.

The general idea is the CommitCRM becomes the HUB and pointer to everything.

THEN, we will see that the EXCEL workbook is SHARABLE / MULTI USER (this was a big problem since someone was always ending up being the one in write mode and not present) and we will setup some offline / replication of that file to tablets(portable) whatever.

We are also big users of VisionAPP so that would probably be the only "copy" job that we will have to do.

Need to get some better procedures in place to manage it no doubt. thats always ongoing I guess.

Thanks for your comments so far!

Steph.

January 18th, 2014, 08:42 AM
brainstormcomp

"and we will setup some offline / replication of that file to tablets(portable) whatever."
That seems like the biggest part- a tech onsite would seem to need to network site info more than someone in the office in a pinch-