RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

May 20th, 2015, 11:05 AM
brainstormcomp

We're trying to reign in all of our processes into as few products as possible. We utilize gfimax/commitcrm/quickbooks/office 365/dropbox/sharepoint etc-

A big issue for us is client documentation- ie server IP / passwords / dns info etc- currently we keep that info in a MS OneNote doc - but that is just another place to maintain and go looking for info. Do any of you keep a treasure trove of client info within CommitCRM and if so would you be willing to share how you do that (documents attached to accounts / customized account fields etc)

To be honest this is such a huge thing for us we're starting to look at competing products (especially ones with good web access). Certainly excited about a possible CommitCRM IIS etc but one can wait only so long before seeking answers to daily business process problems.

May 20th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Support Team

You should consider the powerful Asset Configuration Note feature where it lets you very easily define configurations for Assets and includes server IP, DNS info and a lot more, that is also accessible via the Web (A similar option is also available for Accounts - Structured Notes), or you can attach documents, and possibly password protect them, with such details.

Hope this helps.

May 20th, 2015, 08:17 PM
brainstormcomp

obviously I appreciate the response from CommitCRM Support. Im kind of hoping to get a 'real world' response too - ie anyone out there doing a complete site documentation using structured notes or doing all the items at a client as assets completely? Right now our OneNote documentation is super slick with separate colored/linked tabs etc and super easy to access- but again- as we try to consolidate data sources it would be great to bring it into commitcrm =-

May 21st, 2015, 03:11 AM
lpopejoy

I gave up on the dream of having one tool that is amazing at everything.

We bought SIPortal https://www.it-portal.com for this purpose and it has revolutionized our documentation. I can't say enough good things about it. It has great auditable security which was really important to me.

Guys using connectwise have the same issue - in fact a lot of SIPortal users are connectwise users as well - so changing PSA's may or may not be a solution. Documentation is extremely critical to all of us - but we all hate it. That's why a tool to make it as enjoyable as possible is so important - and then the discipline to use it! :)

May 21st, 2015, 05:05 AM
itognet

Ipopejoy, never give up your dream ;-)

As written in another post, I have developed a tool for this. It takes alot of tech info of the server/computer and send it by API email to your CommitCRM.
One of the cool things is that you get your asset automatically attached to the customer/contact.

It collects information such as all the ordinary stuff cpu, hdd etc.
But also: Running/not running services. Last 20 days of event log errors. Installed software. Hostfile. Logmein name. Running Processes with load info. and other stuff.

With these tech info in hand we often can solve a problem just by looking at the tech info. Remote the computer and in minutes solve the problem.

I am working on making these tools usable for other CommitCRM users.

May 21st, 2015, 02:09 PM
TerrapinIT

Luke, do you use the premise or cloud version of this IT Portal?

May 21st, 2015, 05:11 PM
hayden

itglue.com

May 22nd, 2015, 07:38 PM
lpopejoy

We use on-premise.

June 2nd, 2015, 09:59 AM
Stanley Ng

Lpopejoy, how do you find the SIportal on-premises vs on cloud?

June 2nd, 2015, 10:07 AM
lpopejoy

Never used the cloud version, so I don't really know how it performs. Could you clarify your question?

June 2nd, 2015, 11:41 PM
Stanley Ng

Lpopejoy, what makes you choose the on-premises version? It integrated well with CommitCRM?

June 3rd, 2015, 04:06 AM
lpopejoy

Oh, i wanted the best possible speed and the most control. I could have used the cloud version as well.

Also, there is something about entering all that data into a cloud application.

June 3rd, 2015, 05:05 AM
Stanley Ng

Looks like I need to give it a try on si-portal...

June 3rd, 2015, 10:20 PM
mcjack

We use MaxFocus + started to use their service desk(much better than commit web portal) + SIP portal for documentation, and eventhough we have subscription with commit, we don't miss it much, depending upon what they have to offer in the next version, we may or may not continue with it.