RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 16th, 2012, 11:39 AM
-David-

Is it possable to stop CRM creating history notes and is it also possable to delete the history notes completely.

November 16th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Support Team

Can you please elaborate? I don't think that we're following you here. Thanks.

November 17th, 2012, 10:29 AM
-David-

I do not require the history function with tickets or appointments at the moment. I was wondering if there was a way to stop history notes being created.

November 17th, 2012, 10:43 AM
-David-

Okay found out how to delete history notes 1 at a time, but is there a way to stop history notes being created?

November 19th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Support Team

For Appointments History Notes are created when you 'Done' the appointment. You can disable it by visiting Tools > Options > Calendar tab. At the lower right corner you will find a drop down with the label of 'On Done'. Change its value to '(no action)' and no History Note will be created when you 'Done' Calendar records.

The automatic history events logged for Tickets is always related to audit information. This cannot be disabled as audit records cannot be altered.

Hope this helps.

October 9th, 2015, 03:44 AM
callpath

Is there a way to delete history? I created a Task in an account and when I tried to modify the Task to change the Contact associated with the task to a different person in the account it moved it out of the Calendar and into the History even though the Task was never completed or can I move it back to pending?

October 9th, 2015, 06:02 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

Yes, you can delete History Notes. You should switch to the List View in the History tab or window and select 'Delete' from the pop up menu.
Also it seems that you hit 'Done' button instead 'OK' after changing the Task's contact/account and therefore the Task was completed and History Note was added.

Hope this helps.