RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 12th, 2011, 08:22 PM
lassenpc

I modified a technician report so that it would show custom (asset version, asset model) on the ticket; when the fields are blank, the ticket will print / preview / attach fine; however, if information is put into those fields, print does nothing, preview does nothing, and attempting to attach I receive the error. "Invalid variant type conversion".

I know that's a general error, and did try the 'Help - Contact Tech Support and Attach Logs' but unfortunately I only use web based email, so that didn't work.

Could you tell me where to find the logs, so I may manually email them, or post them?

Thank you!

March 14th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Support Team

lassenpc, thank you for posting this.

We believe the cause for this problem is as follows:

Some textual fields, like the one you listed, has the "Blank When Zero" property/option selected, while this option is designed for numeric fields only.

Open the customized report in the Report Designer, select a "problematic" textual data field in the designer (one at a time), right click it and un-check the "Blank When Zero" option (repeat separately for each data field).

Save the report and test.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Sheli

March 15th, 2011, 09:03 PM
lassenpc

Solved by implementing your suggested fix.

That was exactly the issue - thank you very much!

Aaron