RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

December 17th, 2018, 02:01 PM
CraigYellick

Is there a way to signal to CommitCRM from the outside, to have it display a ticket? Back in the very old Windows days we'd do this with dynamic data exchange (DDE). More currently, Microsoft Office products offer an automation API where you can drive the user interface to do pretty much anything.

I'm working on some app integration in Microsoft Teams and want to be able to display a clickable ticket hyperlink in a discussion thread. When clicked, CommitCRM (assumed to be running on the local workstation) would display the ticket.

All that I am missing is a way to stimulate CommitCRM to open the specified ticket.

-- Craig

December 17th, 2018, 02:59 PM
CraigYellick

Please note: I'm talking about the full Windows client for CommitCRM, not the web interface. I need the ticket open in the full app context, including charges and other functionality.

December 17th, 2018, 09:14 PM
ramonbps

I was actually looking for something similar.

December 18th, 2018, 07:20 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

While such an hyperlink can easily be implemented pointing to RangerMSP's Web Interface, there is no built-in support to implementing this for the Windows client application.

Another user achieved the same functionality using the AutoIT utility and even shared this in the forum thread.

Hope this helps.

December 18th, 2018, 05:20 PM
lpopejoy

As the author of that horrible AutoIT script, I would not suggest using it. :)

I would +1 this request though!!

December 19th, 2018, 06:03 AM
Support Team

Noted. Thanks!

January 31st, 2019, 06:25 PM
Lampson_sec

Commit - would you consider a feature request for this?

Most everything in commitCRM is referenced with a RECID of some sort, what if we could run CommitCRM.exe -recid=1234abcd and if the client was already running it could auto open the selected (ticket, opportunity, account, asset, etc) ?

Would this be difficult to add?

February 1st, 2019, 06:16 AM
Support Team

Thank you for suggesting it. It does sound interesting, however, there may be a few caveats like what if RangerMSP is currently showing a modal window. In any case I'll add your feedback to this request.
Besides, note that this already works well with the Web interface! You can run links that will open almost any type of record (Accounts/Tickets/Assets/etc.) directly based on a URL and an ID that you passed to it. The format is this:

http://127.0.0.1:4961?cmtAction=View&cmtRecId=REC-ID-HERE
For example:
http://127.0.0.1:4961?cmtAction=View&cmtRecId=TKTB3X25WIB Q2FUPJHHY

Of course, you need to replace 127.0.0.1 to your server IP/domain name and remove the port in case you use IIS.

Hope this helps.

February 1st, 2019, 02:55 PM
Lampson_sec

Yeah - we are aware of the URL, but the users we want a link for are the technicians that use the full Windows client (one of the things we LIKE most about CommitCRM, is you are one of the few remaining that still sees fit to provide a full Windows client for your software). Web interfaces are great for particular use cases, but let's face it - as a daily driver, I've never seen a web interface (for a CRM/ERP/PSA) that frankly didn't SUCK compared to a Windows app. What we want to do is use Teams integration to send links to items in CommitCRM and we want to open it in the full application. I get the case where you have a modal window open, but with the way you are making all your modules capable of "POP-OUT" that's not an issue as often. (I could live with it not working if you happened to have a modal window open when you clicked on the link)

February 4th, 2019, 06:10 AM
Support Team

Thank you for the additional input! All clear.

February 5th, 2019, 09:08 AM
AN-Tech

I would love to see a link to bring up the corresponding ticket, account, etc directly in the windows application. Like most we have zero interest in bringing up the ticket in the web portal.