RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

July 25th, 2017, 12:07 AM
HavenZone

The addition of a password manager was a great add on to the system. It has moved another part into the platform allowing us to do away with TeamPasswordManager. Now the only feature request I have left is to be able to add images to assets and accounts where instead of adding them as a doc to have a thumbnail view. If you are using the web portal you need to download the attached image to see what it is and inside the office you have to click to open the image. It would be much better if there was an images tab that would show thumbnails of those images to quickly select the image you need. This would allow images in assets to place images of what the asset looks like and the environment it is in. This way when you are talking to a client and trying to explain what a device looks like or where it is you can refer to the images. It would improve the workflow and help communicating to clients what they are looking for.

July 25th, 2017, 09:35 AM
Support Team

Thank you for your feedback. Great that you find the password manager to be a great addition. Your other feedback and suggestions are clear and will definitely be considered. Thanks.

September 11th, 2018, 02:28 AM
HavenZone

still missing in v19

September 11th, 2018, 06:10 AM
Support Team

True. I see that we have this logged already and it'll be evaluated for a future release of RangerMSP.

FWIW, click for a complete list of what's new in version 19.

Thanks.

September 11th, 2018, 10:27 PM
HavenZone

I'm already using v19 and see all of the new features. It seems to run a little faster than v18 but I haven't noticed enough of a change that it should be a new version... maybe v18.5 or something like that. The only other change I thought was good in this was finally being able to change the name of the Global System Contract. I hope I don't have to wait another year for a bigger improvement to the system. I've been asking for years for a better way of adding images to the system with a view of those image in the system and not having to download them to open them. There's still a lot I like about CommitCRM but this is something that we really need.

November 13th, 2018, 12:20 AM
HavenZone

will this be in version 21?

November 13th, 2018, 12:20 AM
HavenZone

also a network tab would be good... in the account have a tab for basic network config.

November 13th, 2018, 06:03 AM
Support Team

Thank you for following up. We have this on our list and may include it in a future release.

Network configuration can be managed under the Account Structured Note.

There are existing built-in templates from the Asset subject that can be used for easily fill the data or as a start point for creating a custom template:

November 30th, 2018, 01:33 PM
HavenZone

With the assets it would be great if it could display the thumbnails at least of images attached instead of having to click on the image in doc and wait for it to open outside of CommitCRM but it would be amazing if the mobile web access would work with an iPhone or Droid to use the camera and take photos to attach right to an asset. This would really streamline doing inventory in the field.

Create an asset and just tap to take a photos of it to embed right in the CommitCRM asset table.

then when anyone is working with the client they can see images of what is on site so they can describe it to the client for what they are looking for.

I think this is why you are getting questions about IT Glue lately. There are fundamental documenting features lacking in CommitCRM that the images could help. There should also be images for the accounts, where you take pictures of the offices and server rooms to help the tech work with the client. Even the outside of the building to help the tech find the location at times.

At its core CommitCRM is a great documenting tool, but the program looks like it was created 15 years ago in the interface and the lack of media (images) really hinders it. The GUI has not changed since we started using it back on version 7 other than adding the tiles on the right. Its time to update the interface and add multimedia to the GUI both for appeal and function.

December 3rd, 2018, 06:04 AM
Support Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, some great ideas here. All will be reviewed and considered.

December 3rd, 2018, 08:38 AM
Support Team

Attaching images as documents to the Asset/Ticket directly from the mobile camera is supported, though it may depend on the mobile device itself or its OS version.

Here is an example of how it works:

December 11th, 2018, 01:27 PM
HavenZone

that it close now there just needs to be a way of seeing them as a thumbnail instead of having to download the file from the we version or open it in another program on the desktop version. Thumbnails have find the images quickly that you are looking for.

January 14th, 2019, 01:42 AM
HavenZone

still no thumbnails for the images... in the app we need to download a file just to see what it is. It would be so much faster if we could see what the image is linked in account or asset before having to click each one and on the web interface having to download each one over and over.

January 14th, 2019, 06:09 AM
Support Team

Thanks for the additional input.

July 25th, 2022, 07:58 AM
Support Team

Update from RangerMSP Team:

The new Photo Albums feature was introduced in RangerMSP 29.