RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 8th, 2012, 02:34 PM
mpinion

Could someone please advise me on how to change the account that a ticket is associated to? One of my techs did some work and has charges and information but the ticket is in for the wrong company. The account has lightening bolt next to it and will not allow me to change it.
Thanks,
Matt

November 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Support Team

Once a Ticket has been created and used under an Account the Account cannot be modified. Please keep in mind that all Charge information logged under the ticket, the service Contract it was created under, etc. all inherits billing related information from the original account, affect its balances etc. therefore you cannot simply 'modify' it, even though it does sound right. What you should do is (i) copy the Ticket to the correct account. This will copy all of the Ticket record information, and (ii) open each of the Charge records and update the Ticket it is logged under to the newly created ticket, this will move the Charge to the other ticket and the Charge will stop affecting the original, wrong, Account.

Hope this helps.

February 6th, 2013, 11:31 AM
lpopejoy

Just wondering if this could be revisited. I know it's complex, but being able to change accounts would be very helpful.

We have one person who emails in support requests for four different companies.... You already know how that works out. lol Being able to change accounts - would be huge.

As far as how to deal with custom pricing - update it to match the account. ...and update the charges to the default contract for the account - unless they were charged to the "system" and then leave them there. We can edit if we have to.

February 6th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Support Team

Don't tell anyone but this will be included in our next 6.2 release :)

Some constraints will exist however in general it will cover all common scenarios and changing the account for the ticket will be allowed.

February 6th, 2013, 12:04 PM
lpopejoy

Cool - that's exciting!!