RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

December 6th, 2019, 02:35 AM
ak47uk

I have been meaning to post about this for some time now but as it is a minor gripe I haven't got round to it.

When adding an Asset to a customer account and filling in the manufacturer field, I am not able to type any more than one letter to choose the manufacturer I wish i.e. if I want to type "Apple", by the time I type the p I end up with "Polycom" selected. However when I type in the supplier field I can type as many letters as I want and it will bring that supplier up rather than keep changing to the last letter typed. This seems to be a bug as it is inconsistent between fields, can the Manufacturer field behave the same way as the Supplier field?

The new formatting in the Knowledge Base is awesome, I like how the powershell commands are now presented. What would be good is if it were easier to copy from the Preview pane. In particular, if there is an URL in the KB article I need to be able to right-click it then copy it as often I need to paste it into a remote connection and not run it on my local system.

Similarly, with v24 if I click and drag across text it will not highlight that selection to be copied, I can only double click to select a word or triple click to select a sentence. Can we have it so from the preview pane we can select and copy sections of text by clicking and dragging the mouse? At the moment I have to use the Edit tab but then occasionally I may accidentally edit the article.

Thanks

December 6th, 2019, 05:58 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this and for your feedback!

Manufacturer field in Asset details - we have tested its behavior and believe that found the scenario you describe. It will be checked.*The Manufacturer and the Supplier/Vendor type fields are different - the first one is a free text field with a selection from a list, while the Supplier field is a selection from the Accounts list/database and therefore behaves differently.
Knowledge base articles - your suggestions are clear and will be considered. For what it is worth, in order to copy the text while on the Preview, you can use the pop up menu (right mouse click) to show*the Problem as plain text and then copy the URL/text.

Hope this helps!